Strange compulsions and rituals?

I suspect we all do strange things either for fun or habit - when I walk to the end of the road, before I cross, I 'tag' on the end of the yellow line with my toe.    Wife doesn't get it.  Smiley

When I'm driving, I get immense satisfaction from being able to go under a railway bridge when a train is going over it - imagining that I'd 'broadsided' it.   got another one!   Smiley

Whenever I'm driving to the end of the road, as the car goes onto the speed hump, I always say 'bump' out loud.   No idea why.  Smiley

Probably a bit ocd - but the cutting boards on the kitchen worktop need to be straight and correctly spaced from each other and the hob/   It bothers me.  Smiley.

Anyone else do strange stuff all the time?

• Yes, I have a morning ritual - I take my vitamins and then I have my smoothie and my coffee. If I can't have a morning smoothie, I can't start the day lol

• I do the exact same thing. It's for balance, counterpoise, a feeling of symmetry. Or simply because it just feels right.

Ben

• You people will like the movie ' Toc Toc.' It's hilarious !

• If I touch my body, in a part that's itchy, I insist on touching the mirror opposite position.

• Many years ago, my commute was about 25 miles each way.    My car had a feature that tested the brakes on startup - and pressing the brake pedal made the 'test' light go out.    

I found I could drive the car - being careful and using the gears correctly and judicial use of the hand brake - that I could drive long distances without pressing the brake.

Every day I used to drive to work with that light still on - I almost made it all the way to work once - I had to brake for a van that pulled out - sooooo near - I could see the office.

I still do it now - see how far I can go without braking - it's much harder with an auto..... Smiley

• Funny you should say that.

Many years ago my family used to make home made wine, first from Raspberries and Blackberries, later from Bilberries.

We had dozens of bottles and wine in various states of fermentation.

Funniest incident was when our fermenting wine exploded during the night in our living room.  The smell in the morning was unbelievable and our sleeping cat was totally drunk from the fumes.

• Are you a frustrated French wine maker?  Smiley

• My ridiculous obsession is that when walking, when is see fruits or berries on the path before me, I have to crush, uncrushed berries with both my feet, within one second of each other, or something bad will happen 

• And I “draw” a cross with the knife (or with my finger) on bread before I start new loaf.

I say “yellow car” when I see a yellow car.

I count from 1 to 10 and then from 10 back to 1 when I’m waiting for something or before I leave the car to go to work.

• There are many more. But not doing these things causes me stress.

Yes - it's like a little antidotes to background anxiety.    A little 'win'.

• I line the knives on the knife rack up, if I don't then I feel uneasy. I cross my hurt when I see a crucifix anywhere, even though I'm Buddhist. I also my arm when I see a Renault Twingo (this started as a joke when we were away once, that was 15 years ago!). I tap wood 3 times when I say 'knock on wood' but that's pretty standard I think. When I see a memorial I quietly and covertly do a little salute to the fallen. I correct people whentthey use an incorrect noun, which I know is rude, but I can't stop myself.

There are many more. But not doing these things causes me stress.