Strange compulsions and rituals?

I suspect we all do strange things either for fun or habit - when I walk to the end of the road, before I cross, I 'tag' on the end of the yellow line with my toe.    Wife doesn't get it.  Smiley

When I'm driving, I get immense satisfaction from being able to go under a railway bridge when a train is going over it - imagining that I'd 'broadsided' it.   got another one!   Smiley

Whenever I'm driving to the end of the road, as the car goes onto the speed hump, I always say 'bump' out loud.   No idea why.  Smiley

Probably a bit ocd - but the cutting boards on the kitchen worktop need to be straight and correctly spaced from each other and the hob/   It bothers me.  Smiley.

Anyone else do strange stuff all the time?

Parents
  • I line the knives on the knife rack up, if I don't then I feel uneasy. I cross my hurt when I see a crucifix anywhere, even though I'm Buddhist. I also my arm when I see a Renault Twingo (this started as a joke when we were away once, that was 15 years ago!). I tap wood 3 times when I say 'knock on wood' but that's pretty standard I think. When I see a memorial I quietly and covertly do a little salute to the fallen. I correct people whentthey use an incorrect noun, which I know is rude, but I can't stop myself.

There are many more. But not doing these things causes me stress.

• And I “draw” a cross with the knife (or with my finger) on bread before I start new loaf.

I say “yellow car” when I see a yellow car.

I count from 1 to 10 and then from 10 back to 1 when I’m waiting for something or before I leave the car to go to work.

• And I “draw” a cross with the knife (or with my finger) on bread before I start new loaf.

I say “yellow car” when I see a yellow car.

I count from 1 to 10 and then from 10 back to 1 when I’m waiting for something or before I leave the car to go to work.

Children
No Data