Strange compulsions and rituals?

I suspect we all do strange things either for fun or habit - when I walk to the end of the road, before I cross, I 'tag' on the end of the yellow line with my toe.    Wife doesn't get it.  Smiley

When I'm driving, I get immense satisfaction from being able to go under a railway bridge when a train is going over it - imagining that I'd 'broadsided' it.   got another one!   Smiley

Whenever I'm driving to the end of the road, as the car goes onto the speed hump, I always say 'bump' out loud.   No idea why.  Smiley

Probably a bit ocd - but the cutting boards on the kitchen worktop need to be straight and correctly spaced from each other and the hob/   It bothers me.  Smiley.

Anyone else do strange stuff all the time?

Parents
  • My ridiculous obsession is that when walking, when is see fruits or berries on the path before me, I have to crush, uncrushed berries with both my feet, within one second of each other, or something bad will happen 

• Are you a frustrated French wine maker?  Smiley

• Funny you should say that.

Many years ago my family used to make home made wine, first from Raspberries and Blackberries, later from Bilberries.

We had dozens of bottles and wine in various states of fermentation.

Funniest incident was when our fermenting wine exploded during the night in our living room.  The smell in the morning was unbelievable and our sleeping cat was totally drunk from the fumes.

• Funny you should say that.

Many years ago my family used to make home made wine, first from Raspberries and Blackberries, later from Bilberries.

We had dozens of bottles and wine in various states of fermentation.

Funniest incident was when our fermenting wine exploded during the night in our living room.  The smell in the morning was unbelievable and our sleeping cat was totally drunk from the fumes.

Children