(trigger warnings) Accessing Mental Health support

1. What is the best way for someone with ASD, to access trainlned mental health services. 
  2. How do I access MH services with out possibleilty of being section (once your sectioned you can't fight it).

I ask becouse I think my mental is getting worse. 

Parents
  • Oh Goodness!  I feel for you, but I've never found MH Service much use.  Too quick to judge.  But don't let put you off.  I've heard of people in other areas who got a good service.  Might just be where I live.

Personally, I would ask that they make sure that whoever deals with you has a good understanding of ASD.  I've been reading a few academic papers on how approaches SHOULD be modified - and they're all making perfect sense to me.  It could be the difference between getting the RIGHT care or not.

• Oh Goodness!  I feel for you, but I've never found MH Service much use.  Too quick to judge.  But don't let put you off.  I've heard of people in other areas who got a good service.  Might just be where I live.

Personally, I would ask that they make sure that whoever deals with you has a good understanding of ASD.  I've been reading a few academic papers on how approaches SHOULD be modified - and they're all making perfect sense to me.  It could be the difference between getting the RIGHT care or not.

Children
No Data