Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • Hello to everyone!

Firstly I'd like to say thanks for this forum! I'm hoping for support and help as my journey begins.

My 4 year old son (next Wednesday to be precise!) is in the process of being diagnosed as having Aspergers. I knew there was something going on because of his amazing love of numbers! He knew my mobile at nearly 3 and could count to 1000. Count in 2,5,10,100's but socially he is detached.

He has had a positive report from the educational physcologist and we are waiting for the community peodatritians report. He told me at the meeting he was 90% sure. The next step is ASD clinic.

I am trying to educate myself as much as possible to be one step ahead of the game so to speak. This is all so new to me and though this last week I've had a little cry probably from all the relief of understanding that he is not just pushing the boundaries and it isn't just bad behavour. 

He has  2 older sisters, just turned 6 and nearly 9. 

He has terrrible trouble settling down of a night. Hitting the 2 hour mark but after having a play plan from his new nursery (3wks) and understanding that the lack of melatonin in his brain he can't shut off. This week he is down to 1 hour after playing with play dough before bed!!

I am starting a sleep diary and wondered does anyone have any advice on herbal rememdies I could try him on. 

Thank you for reading my post! I look forward to replies!

• Hello to everyone!

Firstly I'd like to say thanks for this forum! I'm hoping for support and help as my journey begins.

My 4 year old son (next Wednesday to be precise!) is in the process of being diagnosed as having Aspergers. I knew there was something going on because of his amazing love of numbers! He knew my mobile at nearly 3 and could count to 1000. Count in 2,5,10,100's but socially he is detached.

He has had a positive report from the educational physcologist and we are waiting for the community peodatritians report. He told me at the meeting he was 90% sure. The next step is ASD clinic.

I am trying to educate myself as much as possible to be one step ahead of the game so to speak. This is all so new to me and though this last week I've had a little cry probably from all the relief of understanding that he is not just pushing the boundaries and it isn't just bad behavour. 

He has  2 older sisters, just turned 6 and nearly 9. 

He has terrrible trouble settling down of a night. Hitting the 2 hour mark but after having a play plan from his new nursery (3wks) and understanding that the lack of melatonin in his brain he can't shut off. This week he is down to 1 hour after playing with play dough before bed!!

I am starting a sleep diary and wondered does anyone have any advice on herbal rememdies I could try him on. 

Thank you for reading my post! I look forward to replies!

Children
No Data