Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • I am a mother of a 9 year old boy.  He doesn't have a formal diagnosis yet but as the waiting list for the service is 90 weeks it may take some time to get one.  My life revolves around my son so I can't regale you with my interests and hobbies.  Right now I feel like I'm sinking under the weight of emotion that's running through our home and I need help.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for me, if I've come to the wrong place any suggestions for sites that I might find usefull will be gratefully recieved.  I've read through the information given on Aspergers and I found it...  familiar.  I cried with relief when my Mum took my son to school this morning and now I have overpowering feelings of guilt, the tears are never far away and I find myself rushing off to the bathroom to have a quiet cry away from my son.

I think most of all I just need to know that there are people out there who have survived these years.  I need some hope to give me the energy to keep going, I may need some permission to let go and relax as well.  I found myself asking my Mum if I could please not go to the Harvest festival because I needed a break, my son is refusing to go to school, when he does go it's a huge relief and the October week holiday starts tomorrow.

There I go, gabbing away, I'm still working my way around the site and I'm not sure if a message pops up when a reply is sent so if I don't answer promptly you'll know I haven't checked.  I'm going to do something mindless now.  Thanks for any help you can give me, even if it's a web address pointing me in te right direction.

• I am a mother of a 9 year old boy.  He doesn't have a formal diagnosis yet but as the waiting list for the service is 90 weeks it may take some time to get one.  My life revolves around my son so I can't regale you with my interests and hobbies.  Right now I feel like I'm sinking under the weight of emotion that's running through our home and I need help.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for me, if I've come to the wrong place any suggestions for sites that I might find usefull will be gratefully recieved.  I've read through the information given on Aspergers and I found it...  familiar.  I cried with relief when my Mum took my son to school this morning and now I have overpowering feelings of guilt, the tears are never far away and I find myself rushing off to the bathroom to have a quiet cry away from my son.

I think most of all I just need to know that there are people out there who have survived these years.  I need some hope to give me the energy to keep going, I may need some permission to let go and relax as well.  I found myself asking my Mum if I could please not go to the Harvest festival because I needed a break, my son is refusing to go to school, when he does go it's a huge relief and the October week holiday starts tomorrow.

There I go, gabbing away, I'm still working my way around the site and I'm not sure if a message pops up when a reply is sent so if I don't answer promptly you'll know I haven't checked.  I'm going to do something mindless now.  Thanks for any help you can give me, even if it's a web address pointing me in te right direction.

Children
No Data