Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • VickyW said:

Hi, I'm Vicky, I'm 34, unemployable, relentlessly negative, worn down by a life of having Asperger's and virtually no support (my ex-family are worse than I am, my dad didn't even tell me when he emigrated to Mexico), and I'm here because I've been banned from everywhere else due to my controversial views on a variety of subjects, which I intend to keep quiet about from now on (not easy!) and inability to know when to stop.

I used to post at a support forum for another thing that was different about me (bit of a sensitive subject), but some of the people there were quite cruel, and I eventually snapped.

I'm said to be a talented writer, but can't seem to apply myself, and people usually like me a lot, until I get depressed and go into self-destruct mode. I wasn't diagnosed with Asperger's until I was 22, before that, I thought I was just mad.

All I need is a bit of human contact. If I can chip in here every now and then (well, I made 10,664 posts on the site I mentioned before, over eight years or so, none of which were particularly helpful), I might be able to get through each crushingly lonely day.

Love and hugs,

Vicky.

P.S. This site is really hard to navigate compared to most, and usually there's a whole forum for introductions instead of one thread, but I suppose I'll get used to downsizing.

Dear Vicky,

I also tend to go off on one on various social networking sites and forums!  So you are not alone!  One thing that I have done is include a note in my signature about my having Asperger Syndrome and an Internet link to the NAS site. 

With regards to employment, have you ever considered doing some voluntary work?  Prior to employment, I did this and it boosted my confidence and abilities.  I now work for the NHS and still volunteer for the same charity; 15 years on. 

• VickyW said:

Hi, I'm Vicky, I'm 34, unemployable, relentlessly negative, worn down by a life of having Asperger's and virtually no support (my ex-family are worse than I am, my dad didn't even tell me when he emigrated to Mexico), and I'm here because I've been banned from everywhere else due to my controversial views on a variety of subjects, which I intend to keep quiet about from now on (not easy!) and inability to know when to stop.

I used to post at a support forum for another thing that was different about me (bit of a sensitive subject), but some of the people there were quite cruel, and I eventually snapped.

I'm said to be a talented writer, but can't seem to apply myself, and people usually like me a lot, until I get depressed and go into self-destruct mode. I wasn't diagnosed with Asperger's until I was 22, before that, I thought I was just mad.

All I need is a bit of human contact. If I can chip in here every now and then (well, I made 10,664 posts on the site I mentioned before, over eight years or so, none of which were particularly helpful), I might be able to get through each crushingly lonely day.

Love and hugs,

Vicky.

P.S. This site is really hard to navigate compared to most, and usually there's a whole forum for introductions instead of one thread, but I suppose I'll get used to downsizing.

Dear Vicky,

I also tend to go off on one on various social networking sites and forums!  So you are not alone!  One thing that I have done is include a note in my signature about my having Asperger Syndrome and an Internet link to the NAS site. 

With regards to employment, have you ever considered doing some voluntary work?  Prior to employment, I did this and it boosted my confidence and abilities.  I now work for the NHS and still volunteer for the same charity; 15 years on. 

Children
No Data