Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  •  

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a 37 year old Mum living in ireland ( but lived in UK for 20 years )

I have a 9 year old Boy Diagnosed with Aspergers last summer, and as a result of the process and our new understanding of the condition we now believe my Husband also has it, thou we havent yet had an official Diagnosis, but the knowledge alone has been such a relief for him in understanding lots of things in his past and given us great foundation for the furture.

having two of them with ASD presents ... shall i say .. interesting .... obstacles,especially when it comes to dealing with our son consistantly and calmly.

Both are extremely Intelligent and good natured, they get on very well and share common interests, both are socially awkward prefering their own company, where as I am a complete social butterfly !

My Son doesn't have 'meltdowns' but he does become quite anxious under pressure ( Hubby explodes in angry outbursts .. very vocal and I admit embarassing ... bless him )

The last year has been a huge eyeopener for us and meant a lot of changes, but with understanding and help from workshops etc we are learning new tips and tricks to make things easier all the time.

I have to say tips from other parents have been invaluable and made such great positive changes in day to day living.

now if I could just work on my mental exhaustion !!

•  

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a 37 year old Mum living in ireland ( but lived in UK for 20 years )

I have a 9 year old Boy Diagnosed with Aspergers last summer, and as a result of the process and our new understanding of the condition we now believe my Husband also has it, thou we havent yet had an official Diagnosis, but the knowledge alone has been such a relief for him in understanding lots of things in his past and given us great foundation for the furture.

having two of them with ASD presents ... shall i say .. interesting .... obstacles,especially when it comes to dealing with our son consistantly and calmly.

Both are extremely Intelligent and good natured, they get on very well and share common interests, both are socially awkward prefering their own company, where as I am a complete social butterfly !

My Son doesn't have 'meltdowns' but he does become quite anxious under pressure ( Hubby explodes in angry outbursts .. very vocal and I admit embarassing ... bless him )

The last year has been a huge eyeopener for us and meant a lot of changes, but with understanding and help from workshops etc we are learning new tips and tricks to make things easier all the time.

I have to say tips from other parents have been invaluable and made such great positive changes in day to day living.

now if I could just work on my mental exhaustion !!

Children
No Data