I think I'm unloveable

I've been in one relationship that lasted 8 months, during which I didn't know I was autistic

Throughout the whole thing I cared about him but I always just felt awkward, and acted awkward. I never really had anything to say, we kind of just sat in silence most of the time watching tv or a movie. I can't make conversation and that is a huge part of a relationship, talking.

I don't think I'll ever be able to have a proper, successful relationship because I'm too awkward and never have much to say, which probably makes the whole thing weird. I loved being in a relationship and really want intimacy, I just don't think I can keep a bond with someone for long because I ruin it with how weird I am. I think I'll end up lonely forever, which I really don't want.

What can I do to stop ruining all my relationships by being awkward and quiet? I don't want to be alone

• u can have a conversation using text here pretty well u're not boring I can feel your character . So next time u meet a man u want  arrange texting and IMing sessions between you even when sitting close by.  How does that sound J  ?

• I'm assuming you said you have an idea? If that's what you meant then definitely I'd love to know it

• GP didnt really know ,,, he asked why i thought ihad social anxiety, i listed the symptoms and he refered me for an initial assessment  then a formal observed asessment and then a feedback meeting months later. "You are autistic", "definitely"   i was in shock   because i knew autisn was way more serious as u know.  I think i have an idea, do u want to know it ?

• oh yeah, I went a few times to my GP about anxiety, the autism was never picked up on until I thought myself that I might have it. Thanks to my dads insurance from work I was able to go privately and get a diagnosis that way. Did your GP pick up on your autism? or was it a therapist or someone else

• i told u i went to my GP thinkin i had social anxiety  and came back with an autism dignosis just like you.

now respond to that .......  ( u now say "wow thats amazing just like me"  then follow with a question ) do it write your reply to me now its fun just this once 

• The social anxiety tips were useful, sorry I wasn't detailed enough with my response, I forget you only see what I type, not what I think while typing

She gave me ways to talk to new people I had never spoken to before as that was what I thought I struggled with, little did I know that I struggled with conversations in general, not just introducing myself, so the tips only help me get past the first meeting, and I struggle throughout the relationship, friendly or romantic

• i read it years ago ..... yes i would say yes  only  3 quid in abebooks  ---  could pick up some tips .... 

what did i tell u about me just above ?

• No I haven't, I have heard about it though, is it really helpful?

• not going to believe this but i went to my GP thinkin that I had social anxiety and with a bit of training i would be moving forward I cme back with autism 

surely the training for social anxiety is useful stuff to know  ........ ????

have u read  the book "How to influence people and make friends " ???

• I've been to many a therapist and councillor, my last one was good as she focused on starting conversations etc but again, it was before I was diagnosed or even suspected to be autistic so it was all social anxiety based which doesn't really help now I know what the real issue is

• quite a hard think to fix --- u would need to learn how to conduct  conversations.

have u tried anything in the past ?

• I don't want him back, I think I was looking at him with rose coloured glasses and now looking back he wasn't a good boyfriend. He sexually assaulted me twice, which is another reason I don't want to get back with him. I just loved having someone I guess

• I think that's what ruined it, the conversations. it was my fault and I think I'll always be the problem in all my relationships unless I magically fix it

• No I don't think so, I suspected it a couple times and his dad is, but I don't know

• this is a tough one, was u ex autistic as well ? 

but he must have seen something in u because  8 months is quite long so u r loveable. the issue is having conversations .

can u get him back ?