Anyone self medicate on psychedelics ?

Not advocate anything, but Im wondering if any one experiments with things to improve their mental health.

These things are safe if your educated, I just have a theory on Polymorphism on the serotonin receptors and transporters.
Sorry if it all sounds too complicated, I'm interested in your experiences as I'm trying to base an idea on this paper.
http://europepmc.org/article/PMC/2739682

Parents
  • I can probably reply to this without too much controversy.

I have a condition called cluster headaches and was on a clinical trial where they used the psychoactive component of magic mushrooms (psilocybin) in microdoses to try and control the headaches (cluster headaches are one of the biggest pains treated by the NHS). 

Bearing in mind it was tiny doses in a controlled medical environment, I wasn't tripping balls in a field, I felt like when I came down I experienced really magnified aspects of my autism like I was paranoid that I wasn't following social protocols (I work with the public so that's a big fear for me) and that people were talking about me. I also experienced massive anxiety even though I don't generally suffer from general anxiety disorder.

I ended up being brought out of the trial early due to the mental health tests indicating that something was going wrong which sucked because it was helping with the headaches. 

• I can probably reply to this without too much controversy.

I have a condition called cluster headaches and was on a clinical trial where they used the psychoactive component of magic mushrooms (psilocybin) in microdoses to try and control the headaches (cluster headaches are one of the biggest pains treated by the NHS). 

Bearing in mind it was tiny doses in a controlled medical environment, I wasn't tripping balls in a field, I felt like when I came down I experienced really magnified aspects of my autism like I was paranoid that I wasn't following social protocols (I work with the public so that's a big fear for me) and that people were talking about me. I also experienced massive anxiety even though I don't generally suffer from general anxiety disorder.

I ended up being brought out of the trial early due to the mental health tests indicating that something was going wrong which sucked because it was helping with the headaches. 

Children
No Data