This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What are your special talents?

I've read before that Autistic people can have special talents. Do you know what yours is yet?

Mine are singing, doing multiple voices and acting, all of which I do extremely well so I am told Slight smile

I look forward to hearing yours.

-Goose.

• I bet quite a lot of us autists are into programming. I'm into coding, electronics and similar stuff, but what's weird is most of my friends are into football and reality TV shows which is the far opposite of what I'm into.

• Alas I don't practise, so the skill of my fingers is well below the standard my inner musician expects. 

• Would love to be able to do that with music!....Excellent Thumbsup

• I have been told that I am a very talented and skilled and very abled researcher and as someone who is well read and has a lot of worldly experience and is someone who is very cultured and refined I am good at problem solving people come to me with issues and I am good at finding solutions....!!

I am also told that I am a very good teacher and lecturer as a consultant of information awareness I try my best to develop my teaching style do I can teach in many different environments to many different types of people who learn in different ways...!!

I also used to teach martial arts holding senior rankings in several different styles due to cross training focusing on traditional Chinese and Japanese martial arts with most of my focus focusing on jiu jitsu judo and okinawan traditional karate and iaido and I have also studied kinjutsu

I also teach meditation as well as doing sessions involving guided meditation and I also teach advanced breathing techniques associated with advanced meditation practice...!!

I also teach traditional mahayana Buddhism in the traditional way with using the traditional training methods and practices...!!

I also consider one of my special talents I don't know if you would call it a talent but I do I try to be a friend and a support to people that don't have friends or family or fail due to their autism that are isolated to be someone who can speak to and be friends with and meet with and talk to a try to be a friend to all based on my Buddhist beliefs and based on Buddhist philosophy I tried to show kindness tolerance love and respect to all especially those that need it....!!

• Hah, seem to have replied to the wrong comment! Sorry.

I have dabbled with programming, Python mainly with a RaspberryPi. I can do socially quirky but find the demands of chitchat draining.

• I do hope for you that you have both traits? the programming and the social quirky?

• I'm rather good at computer-programming. Somehow it makes  perfect sense to me that you have to tell a computer exactly what to do and in what order.

I'm also very good at making attempts of smalltalk come to a sad grinding stop when it's involving somebody I don't really like. If I like somebody, I'll open up and talk, but usually no chitchat, ... 

• Don't know about special talents but I am a geek though.

• Map reading, although I don't do as much as I used to.

I don't get lost, just navigationally challenged!

• So do I, although I live in a city and there isn't much variety here. I see a lot of starlings and pigeons; only occasionally sparrows, robins, wrens and dunnocks 

• playing computer games and spotting details.

• Memorising roads and places is my special talent. I only need to go somewhere once and then more less photographically I can remember the way back there.

• i have no special talents. I'm good with animals but not really a talent

• We have a bird feeder and lots of birds use it every morning

• A thread about wildlife sounds like a great idea!

• Best way to become familiar with birds is to hang feeders in your garden, if you can.

• Mine is playing spontaneous music by ear and being able to play along to songs i've never heard before, also if I just hum a random record (eg pick one...bohemian rhapsody)  I usually "pitch" it in the right key , without reminding myself of the recording first. I also taught myself several instruments.  

I'm also able to map a lot of information in my head (my mind map) in several dimensions, like pivot tables.

Many years ago I was also a tetris champion, we played it on the computers after work. 

• I know a lot of back roads in certain local areas. Handy, should there be road blocks.

• (  Glad Tidings, Sir Cassie... I see this and I want to say something but I am still afraid of chat (& hackers) and am also wondering why there has not been a free-for-all "Wildlife" Thread still started yet. ("Plastic" began a serious Thread a Month ago, though.)

I see the Long Tailed <censored word> a lot in London. Yet I was thinking about all this Greek Stuff You and Wagtail say... slightly joking, here, but, knowing such things into Adulthood whilst outside of the Career it concerns is likely a talent for sure.

Yet I am a Dinosaur Fan Myself, and so recalling those names while being Four times older than a Ten Year Old Child, could be seen as a bit of a "gift" too, maybe...? Procompsognathus. Parasaurolophus. Heterodontosaurus. ...I also wonder why there is no proper Dinosaur Thread yet either... (!)

Also it is useful to know Old Greek to understand Medical Terms; "CSI" used to be very annoying with its overuse of the term "subdermal haematoma" (bruising). And there is/was science fiction such as Star Trek...

I am half joking and half serious... so do not worry about My post here too much anyone. Have a nice day. )