This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What are your special talents?

I've read before that Autistic people can have special talents. Do you know what yours is yet?

Mine are singing, doing multiple voices and acting, all of which I do extremely well so I am told Slight smile

I look forward to hearing yours.

-Goose.

Parents
  • Does memorise scientific names of animals and plants count?

• I don't see why it shouldn't count. What's the Linnean name for the pied wagtail? Goose? What's the biggest clade they have in common?

I suppose my special talent is troubleshooting, systems thinking, summarising lots of information and other abstract mental abilities, except sticking to the point.

• Let's see: Motacilla alba, order passeriformes; Anser anser, order anseriformes. They're not very closely related.

Troubleshooting sounds very useful.

• So do I, although I live in a city and there isn't much variety here. I see a lot of starlings and pigeons; only occasionally sparrows, robins, wrens and dunnocks 

• We have a bird feeder and lots of birds use it every morning

• A thread about wildlife sounds like a great idea!

• Best way to become familiar with birds is to hang feeders in your garden, if you can.

• (  Glad Tidings, Sir Cassie... I see this and I want to say something but I am still afraid of chat (& hackers) and am also wondering why there has not been a free-for-all "Wildlife" Thread still started yet. ("Plastic" began a serious Thread a Month ago, though.)

I see the Long Tailed <censored word> a lot in London. Yet I was thinking about all this Greek Stuff You and Wagtail say... slightly joking, here, but, knowing such things into Adulthood whilst outside of the Career it concerns is likely a talent for sure.

Yet I am a Dinosaur Fan Myself, and so recalling those names while being Four times older than a Ten Year Old Child, could be seen as a bit of a "gift" too, maybe...? Procompsognathus. Parasaurolophus. Heterodontosaurus. ...I also wonder why there is no proper Dinosaur Thread yet either... (!)

Also it is useful to know Old Greek to understand Medical Terms; "CSI" used to be very annoying with its overuse of the term "subdermal haematoma" (bruising). And there is/was science fiction such as Star Trek...

I am half joking and half serious... so do not worry about My post here too much anyone. Have a nice day. )

• (  Glad Tidings, Sir Cassie... I see this and I want to say something but I am still afraid of chat (& hackers) and am also wondering why there has not been a free-for-all "Wildlife" Thread still started yet. ("Plastic" began a serious Thread a Month ago, though.)

I see the Long Tailed <censored word> a lot in London. Yet I was thinking about all this Greek Stuff You and Wagtail say... slightly joking, here, but, knowing such things into Adulthood whilst outside of the Career it concerns is likely a talent for sure.

Yet I am a Dinosaur Fan Myself, and so recalling those names while being Four times older than a Ten Year Old Child, could be seen as a bit of a "gift" too, maybe...? Procompsognathus. Parasaurolophus. Heterodontosaurus. ...I also wonder why there is no proper Dinosaur Thread yet either... (!)

Also it is useful to know Old Greek to understand Medical Terms; "CSI" used to be very annoying with its overuse of the term "subdermal haematoma" (bruising). And there is/was science fiction such as Star Trek...

I am half joking and half serious... so do not worry about My post here too much anyone. Have a nice day. )

Children