Debt support

Hello,

I am a support worker and have been asked by the family I'm working with to help support their adult son (who has a diagnosis of autism) with debts he has incurred. Bailiffs are now involved and I wonder if any of you have any experience in dealing with issue please?

Thank you

• I remember when a close friend asked me for advice when they were dealing with debt collectors. It can be overwhelming, especially when you're trying to support someone else through it. Speaking of which, I once spoke with some insolvency litigation experts when helping a family member through a similar ordeal. They provided valuable insights on dealing with creditors and finding potential solutions. Maybe seeking advice from professionals in that field could offer some guidance on how to best support the adult son and his family.

• What are the 7 personalities you speak of in your introduction of yourself?.

7.) Rational

6.) Sentimental

5.) Communicational

4.) Emotional

3.) Imaginal

2.) Reproductional

1.) Sensational

• What are the 7 personalities you speak of in your introduction of yourself?.

• IVA or Insolvency, depending on the amount!

• contacting stepchange is another option.

• I am a support worker and have been asked by the family I'm working with to help support their adult son (who has a diagnosis of autism) with debts he has incurred. Bailiffs are now involved and I wonder if any of you have any experience in dealing with issue please?

In regard to and in support of what  has already stated about:

Hi there! I'm an Autistic woman who runs a social group for other autistic women. One resource which I recently happened across was 'Christians again poverty' CAP. If you go on their website there is the ability to search for a centre near you. They also run money management and life skills courses, for FREE :-)  I would also suggest contacting the Citizen's Advice Bureau to see if they can point you in the direction of any helpful organisations. 

The Citizen's Advice Bureau (or CAB) are actually an organization in their own right when it comes to debt management, so I would suggest getting in touch with them first.

Basically your autistic client will have to make part installments to repay those he owes money to, possibly at least about £5 to £10 a week, and in that way the bailiffs will no longer have to fulfill their contract or bond to collect the moneys. This repayment schedule may last a number of years and may then even be written off if I recall correctly, but basically inform the CAB by telephone, letter or email about the matter and get an appointment sorted on that basis, here is their contact link:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/

• Hi there! I'm an Autistic woman who runs a social group for other autistic women. One resource which I recently happened across was 'Christians again poverty' CAP. If you go on their website there is the ability to search for a centre near you. They also run money management and life skills courses, for FREE :-)  I would also suggest contacting the Citizen's Advice Bureau to see if they can point you in the direction of any helpful organisations.