I hate the wind

I hate the wind in generally as the noise is just too much for me; however these storms and gale force winds are sending my anxiety into overdrive.

It makes me a nervous wreck and very emotional which isn't like me normally.  

I find I constantly have to check nothing is damaged at my house and everyone is ok, which means I am not going to rest until it is over and I will be exhausted in the process. :-( 

• I welcomed this mornings wind and rain because I got some of my freeview channels back.

The freeview in my area was updated on 5 Feb. And I lost all my tv channels, no tv for four days, I tried retuning multiple times, I rang the freeview helpline, I complained to the landlord, asking for a new and better ariel.  Still no channels

Now with a change to wet and windy weather, I tried retuning for the nth time, and I am receiving a few weak tv channels.

• Later this morning we had some thunder.

I love a good storm, the wind and rain clears the atmosphere and I take better quality photographs, with the pollution gone.

• I wear earplugs to help reduce the noise and help me relax. Maybe it's something you could try? I hope you get some rest soon. 

• Sorry to hear you're finding it so stressful. I don't get anxious over storms, but I do have OCD and anxiety, so I really appreciate how awful it is when you're feeling that way.

My best advice would be to get the curtains closed, get some relaxing music or a good film/TV programme on, and try to do whatever helps you to relax until it passes. Just try to distract yourself from it as best you can.

• Well I think it was the worst storm for a long time. I hate it too because it's hard to go out and walk in and I was worried something will damage my car plus the noise was annoying, my flat has a wooden frame so was shaking like an earthquake