Two of everything?

Hi,

anyone subscribe to 'two of everything' ?

As I like a smooth regime, I tend to have backups if things were go wrong.

I have two pedal bikes, because I can't face buses. I have two smart phones just in case. I backup digital stuff three times actually. I have two vapes just incase god forbid one breaks. But all the things I rely on and are imperative to my daily life, I have a back up just in case (whether it's obsolete but functional, it's a back up)

Anyone? :) 

• On the clothes side of things....I'm the "next level" of psycho!!  A few years ago, I put all my "shoes" in one place......and found that I had 18 pairs of serviceable "shoes"..........all of which are identical make and model.

I have "issues" Billy.......big "issues"!

• Thats a really good idea. Especially with tech, as it changes so quickly. I find it a good thing with clothes too as most shops these days change styles so quickly 

• I find it difficult to resist the temptation to buy multiples of anything that I know is good.  In the supermarket, if I need coffee (and can afford it / the price is reasonable) I will buy 9 of them.  When I buy washing liquid - I'll buy 3 or 4 of them etc etc.

If I find tech that I like......and I know it is "going out of fashion"....I'll wait for the price to drop and then buy 3 or 4 back-ups for my stores.  I've had the same make and model of most things for a decade+.

I'm so progressive and experimental.....NOT ! [albeit, with the things I do have and use, I do have notable competencies due to the length of time I have had them and my resultant depth of understanding.]  I'm a MASSIVE believer in "better the devil you know."

I like it when some of the older threads get revived !

• If I find clothes that are really comfortable in a sensory way then I tend to buy two of them for when one is in the wash or in case one gets ruined 

• yep I have a backup of everything . sometimes even backups of the backups!

• I have two phones, only because I wanted to maintain my Giffgaff sim. The first phone I bought came with a seller notice to remain subject to Vodafone.

• I'm too scared of spending money to do that. But as soon as there is enough in the washing bin, I have to wash it in case the thing I need to wear is not available and I have to go through choosing what to wear all over again. 

• oh yes, once you find something you like, buy plenty of them! One style of shoes in all the colours they come in .... three identical copies of the favourite sweater ....

When my better half and I watched Chris Packham's Aspergers and Me together, he laughed his head off when they showed Chris's wardrobe with several copies of each shirt, all neatly lined up .... yup, that's me .... guilty as charged :-)

• My film collection on HDD. Two media players for the HDDs just in case. 

• I'm with you on that :) Two weeks worth of socks too. Just in case the washer packs up!

• Yes. Contigency plans too. My holiday list can start sometimes a few months before I go away

• :) specticles yes too. I only have one PC and that would be a disaster- but would never consider cloud computing. varous cycling clothing for every season. I would meltdown if I couldn't operate normally

• Yes, I'm quite big on contingency plans myself. I need to be! That said, the one thing I have never really had was a contingency plan for my own career.

• my backups are more "plans" i make rather than things I buy. I make a contingency plan B, C, D and so on.  I get teased about it at work.  it's a wonder I actually get out of the house in the morning.

• I often get backups. And it's more than two.

14 cameras,

5 mobile phones, 

3 dvd players

9 packets of cereals 

22 packets of flavored pasta.

Etc.  I'm a nutter.

• I always like to have at least one back-up pair of spectacles. And my workshop is full of back-up tools. Three computing devices, two kindles. Several pairs of walking shoes as a back-up for three bicycles, which are in turn a back-up for a single auto, The good news is that if you have have these back-ups, you will invariably find them useful at some critical juncture. I'm not entirely sure that this is some sort of distinguishing feature of those of us on the spectrum; but I would say it is common amongst those of us who have had to work in rather challenging circumstances, far from the back-up of our natural home.

• Does 7 pairs of the same Jean's count? Lol