Inspirational Quotes

Hi! I thought I’d start another of my light hearted threads. Although this is quasi-light hearted with a view to hopefully help and lift people’s spirits along the way.

Please post your favourite inspirational quote (or meme) or a quote (or meme) that you like or think will help others on this forum. I used to collect quotes in my early teens and my first and favourite quote has always been:

Parents
  • "If you're going through hell... keep going" - attributed to Winston Churchill but probably incorrectly

Also

"This too, shall pass" - Persian adage see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_too_shall_pass for me this means "When times are tough, it won't last - so don't fret. When times are good, it won't last - make the most of it"

"Perdurabo" (Latin) it means "I will endure to the end" and was the 'magical motto' of Aleister Crowley. This is my personal motto (I got it tattooed on my arm in 2016 after a particularly rough 4 years) and depending on where you put the stress it's a statement of fact, a promise, a threat, an inspiration... the tattoo is visible at a glance if I'm wearing short-sleeves and when I got it done it felt like it was something that had been there for years and the tattooist was revealing it, rather than it being something that was being 'added to me'...

• I like ‘this too, shall pass’. Better to just get on with life I guess as you never know when things will change. I’m glad that you’re happy with the tattoo that you got done. I got 3 tattoos in my teens but regretted them all by the time I hit 20.

• Well, I was in my mid-forties and had been thinking about it for about 4 years so... Rofl

Reply Children