Difficulty in recognizing emotions

Hello, 

I hope someone could help me, I am trying to help a colleague or understand her more. I would like to ask if some of you who do have ASD or those who are in relationships with someone on the spectrum if you've seen this behaviour? That said person does do things or feel things however they are unable to recognize the emotional reason behind such actions? If that makes any sense. 

And if you have, do you have any tips for me to give this person to be able to cope or understand their emotions much better? 

Any feedback would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks 

Parents
  • I really struggle to identify my emotions or that I am even feeling any emotions. Consequently, I can think that I am coping extraordinarily well with A LOT of stuff then suddenly it all falls to pieces in spectacular style! I also struggle to recognise other people's emotions. Unless it's obvious like laughing/crying/shouting.  

• I really struggle to identify my emotions or that I am even feeling any emotions. Consequently, I can think that I am coping extraordinarily well with A LOT of stuff then suddenly it all falls to pieces in spectacular style! I also struggle to recognise other people's emotions. Unless it's obvious like laughing/crying/shouting.  

Children