Job Searching, Interviews and Rejection

Hello,

Last Friday I had a job interview, and today I have been rejected for the umpteenth time. My interviewer, said that I did well in both the interview and the written assessment at the end. I feel that I have wasted 4 years of my life in higher education, filling my head with a load of absolute garbage that I will never use. I am now at the stage that I do not even know what I want to do with my life anymore.

Has anyone else found themselves in this situation?

Parents
  • I have, a long time ago. I was leaving university in the 1990s, and set out into the world with high aspirations as to what would be my first job, After lots of rejections (mainly applications that weren't even acknowledged), I eventually stumbled on a job that was only ever a stop gap. It worked, I moved onto better jobs, and although I don't directly use my degree for work, I doubt I would have been able to move into what I do now without a degree of some sort. So my advice, based on my experience, is that how you feel now is completely understandable, but it will probably work out fine in the end. When it comes to interviews, the best advice I ever got, which kind of relates to my diagnosis, was at the end of day one of a two day interview process when the recruiter said 'tomorrow, I want to see the real you, I really want to see what drives you'. I thought I had been doing that, but I made a huge effort to be mega enthusiastic about the job (which I was, but it apparently hadn't been coming across). I got the job because I really went out of what I felt was my comfort zone. There was obviously a gap between what I was saying and feeling, and what the panel were picking up.

• I have, a long time ago. I was leaving university in the 1990s, and set out into the world with high aspirations as to what would be my first job, After lots of rejections (mainly applications that weren't even acknowledged), I eventually stumbled on a job that was only ever a stop gap. It worked, I moved onto better jobs, and although I don't directly use my degree for work, I doubt I would have been able to move into what I do now without a degree of some sort. So my advice, based on my experience, is that how you feel now is completely understandable, but it will probably work out fine in the end. When it comes to interviews, the best advice I ever got, which kind of relates to my diagnosis, was at the end of day one of a two day interview process when the recruiter said 'tomorrow, I want to see the real you, I really want to see what drives you'. I thought I had been doing that, but I made a huge effort to be mega enthusiastic about the job (which I was, but it apparently hadn't been coming across). I got the job because I really went out of what I felt was my comfort zone. There was obviously a gap between what I was saying and feeling, and what the panel were picking up.

Children
No Data