Job Searching, Interviews and Rejection

Hello,

Last Friday I had a job interview, and today I have been rejected for the umpteenth time. My interviewer, said that I did well in both the interview and the written assessment at the end. I feel that I have wasted 4 years of my life in higher education, filling my head with a load of absolute garbage that I will never use. I am now at the stage that I do not even know what I want to do with my life anymore.

Has anyone else found themselves in this situation?

Parents
  • You can keep trying and yes I'm in a similar situation. I stayed on at school for 2 years, went to college for 1 year then university for 5 years to study for a Masters degree in engineering. I excel in qualifications and intelligence but I have applied for over 100 jobs this year and only been given two interviews which I failed. I get the impression that most companies favour social skills above all else and this was basically confirmed when others from my university class that only completed the ordinary 3 year degree were offered a job over me with a masters. I have had employment before but both jobs basically ended after arguments which I believe were related to my autism. I have also found that bosses do not like you to speak up or be more intelligent than them

• I love your last sentence. finding it out took me years of searching, because the bosses do not tell you the truth when they fire you.

Reply Children
No Data