My partner is 28 years old, I have been with him for 10 years now and he really has struggled for a long time since a child with a number of difficulties that are associated with autism!
- very poor social and communication skills
- Can’t Make / maintain friendships very well/ only has 1 friend.
- lack of empathy and compassion towards others (even with me and his family)
- very high sensitivity to light, certain things to touch
- mood swings/ angry outbursts/ hostile
- finds it hard to tell me his feelings and emotions- finds it easier to put in txt or writing.
- good memory/ remembers little details
- finds it hard to compliment or praise - will pick the negative out of everything
- struggles in groups of people with social gatherings or work meetings- he feels overwhelmed and socially awkward.
- cannot manage his own outgoings/debt
- not very tolerant of loud noises/ people
can anybody give me some advice please? Thanks!
certainly sounds a familarl list! perhaps try one of the online tests - AQ10 is a nice short one, or AQ50 a fuller version
https://www.2gether.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/ASC-AQ10-screening-form.docx AQ10 or https://psychology-tools.com/test/autism-spectrum-quotient AQ50