Aspie on a narrowboat

My other half has recently discovered a really good YouTube vlog. He started watching it because it's about narrowboats and cruising England's canals, which he is really interested in. The presenters are a couple who are so funny and really present well together and they have covered the build of their boat from ordering it to launching it, and then their adventures living aboard.

One of the guys, Colin, has ASD and he did a really honest and well done vlog about it. My OH alerted me to that and it was not only interesting from a personal point of view (I have Asperger's too, and many of our traits are so similar I was starting to wonder if Colin is my long-lost brother or something!), but also because he explained things so well that I think it helped my partner to understand what it's like a whole lot better than I have ever managed to explain.

It is not a vlog about ASD, but he is very honest about how it affects him and meltdowns are not hidden away but talked about. His appreciation for how his husband looks after him when this happens is heartwarming as well. He's got a keeper there.

Anyway, check it out if you like canals, narrowboats, or are just interested in seeing something new! They are called Foxes Afloat and their boat is the Silver Fox. Enjoy :-)

• Probably some miserable so and sos who think it should be only about the boat. In  my view it's very relevant, because the whole blog is about their return to life afloat - surely their reasons for doing it are interesting to folk (especially those who might be considering it for themselves)?

The whole series is worth a watch, very well done and beautifully filmed. I reckon that seeing some of the challenges of ASD explained / demonstrated by a bloke have helped my (male) partner understand as well. Perhaps he thought some of mine was "girly stuff" and now he's realised that it's the same whether you're male or female!

The good thing is that the video got lots of likes and comments, including several from people who seem to have had a bit of a lightbulb moment of their own.

• Just watched video number 09 - a very calming thing to listen to! Also yes, relateable especially the bit about someone opening up a noisy app when you're watching TV.

Also noticed that the video got 11 *dislikes* - why on earth would anyone dislike it?