Tea or coffee?

I’m just finishing my 3rd coffee of the day (I really need to cut down again!) and just wondered what hot drink other people prefer? Are you a coffee drinker or do you prefer tea or perhaps you like herbal tea (good flavour recommendations welcome!) or something else? How do you take your tea/coffee/other. I drink strong black coffee with no milk or sugar but with half cold water due to sensitive gums; I don’t drink tea but do drink herbal teas depending on the flavour, lemon, ginger and manuka honey is a current favourite but peppermint and liquorice is a recent fail on the herbal tea front!

Parents
  • Now!!!! I drink both tea and coffee with milk and two sugars. 

At home I prefer tea, but only specific brands.  Other brands I can't stand.  I love Ringtons tea, waitrose gold blend, Punjama,  Thompsons.  I hate brands such as PG tips,  Yorkshire tea and caffeine free tea makes me feel sick.

Away from home I always drink coffee because I can stomach any brand.

In my early childhood at home we always had tea, never coffee.  But the tea was either black, with lemon juice or wirh black/red fruit juice.  my mother never put milk in tea.  When I first came across tea with milk while on holiday, I fell in love with it.  And never drank black tea again.

• Now!!!! I drink both tea and coffee with milk and two sugars. 

At home I prefer tea, but only specific brands.  Other brands I can't stand.  I love Ringtons tea, waitrose gold blend, Punjama,  Thompsons.  I hate brands such as PG tips,  Yorkshire tea and caffeine free tea makes me feel sick.

Away from home I always drink coffee because I can stomach any brand.

In my early childhood at home we always had tea, never coffee.  But the tea was either black, with lemon juice or wirh black/red fruit juice.  my mother never put milk in tea.  When I first came across tea with milk while on holiday, I fell in love with it.  And never drank black tea again.

Children
  • I wonder what they put/don’t put in the different brands of tea to make them taste so different? I’ve heard that caffeine free tea or coffee is actually worse for you than caffeinated, not sure why, probably something that they put in it!

I prefer Nescafé coffee, preferably gold blend but original will do; Beanies flavoured coffee or Carte Noir.

I can imagine that if you were never able to have milk in your tea as a child that it would be quite novel and good when you did finally try tea with milk?