What do you like most about you?

I was at work yesterday.

Normally I work alone, or try and do things alone but a co-worker came in at 11:00 a.m. and then at 12 she joined me for lunch and after a little chatting she asked me what I liked most about myself. I couldn't think of anything other than a few years ago I had a nice singing voice. I stopped singing in 2016 because I didn't feel happy enough to sing and now my voice is very bad.

So I thought I would ask here as well as her question intrigued me.

• I like the way I look (although I've put on too many extra pounds since the crackdown). I like the shape of my body. I like the balance between my emotional and cognitive intelligence. I also like that I have developed an instinctive ability to detect people who are bad for me, and bad people, generally. I can instantly read someone's psychic aura or energy vibrations within minutes of being in their company. This is why the second half of my life has been relatively peaceful and I no longer have to suffer fools or combat villains.

• i am getting better at social skills and talking to strangers.  My world is expanding. Zen is improving me.

• My power to make things happen and overcome obstacles.      I am unstoppable.

• I like this thread has been resurrected. Excellent question.

My insatiable desire for information. There's always more to read and discover. I quite like coaching people. Because I lay things out in a logical way when I'm doing it - folk tend to pick up what I'm talking about. Nothing like the buzz when someone benefits from the skills you've just taught them Grinning. It's also one of the few things I do which feels "natural" in a small group.

• I like to advocate for other people if I believe they are being wronged. I don't like to leave people to fend for themselves if I think they are wrongly targeted for something. 

It is also something I hate about myself though because I'm also terrible at keeping my mouth shut if something bothers me, and if I don't feel able to release that energy for whatever reason then I can also find myself getting very anxious and/or upset. 

I'm also extremely patient and wish I had a good paying repetitive job instead of picking jobs helping people, because I quite like repetition. I knit and crochet for my hobbies which can be VERY repetitive. 

• I like that I use logical and commonsense in a lot of situations,  I like that I'm original and never pretend to be someone that I'm not, 

• I'm glad you understand. I have to feel to be able to do anything, which I guess is why I just don't enjoy much anymore. Maybe I'll sing again, I don't know tbh. I love my work though, it's something which makes me feel close to those i've lost.

• Yes, I can understand, and it makes sense. Music and art is a lot about feeling, sometimes you feel inspired and sometimes not so much. Maybe you'll feel the inspiration again someday. 

• Thank you. My mum taught me how to sing, but I just don't feel it anymore if that makes sense.

• That's a good trait to have, being logical is good :) .

• You have a nice singing voice. I hope you will start singing again!

• I like that I'm very logical. 

• I also struggle with that question. I like to think that I'm kind and tolerant, but actually I mean kind in a passive kind of way (i.e. so long as it doesn't require me to expend significant resources, and tolerant of people who don't impinge on my life. But I don't get annoyed easily, and I don't ask much from anyone.