Temple Grandin

Hi, 

I'm going to an event with Temple Grandin later in the year and I'd like to have her sign a book. She has several available - has anyone read anything written by her that they would particularly recommend? 

Thanks! 

Tintal :) 

• I've seen a couple of her lectures on Youtube. She's a very interesting speaker. I will definitely get around to reading one of her books eventually.  Slight smile

• Hello Tintal, I haven't ready anything of hers yet, but I intend to, the reason being for me is that when Autism was diagnosed in me (only recently) and I began researching the subject, I watched a talk of hers online, I fell back in my chair, put my hand over my mouth and could not believe the similarities between her and my mother in their behaviours, speech, the way she thinks etc, it really could have been my mother. And since then, there has been no doubt in my mind of my mother's place within ASD. 

Hope you have a great time at the event, her favourite quote of mine is “What would happen if the autism gene was eliminated from the gene pool? You would have a bunch of people standing around in a cave, chatting and socializing and not getting anything done.” It's funny, because in my last job I used to think that all the time, not the autism that is, but the 'why are people just standing around chatting and not getting their work done'. Never understood that. Never will I think.