More work problems

Continuing with my problems at work.

And the incidents that annoy me.

I work as a support worker with people having both physical & mental disabilities who exhibit challenging behaviour.  

Last week I got a severe reprimand from a senior support worker for using my smartphone at work.  I was checking the weather forecast on the BBC site.  A couple of hours later the same support worker was spending hours on her smartphone playing solitaire, while her colleague was on social websites.    I hate hypocrisy.

I still haven't been sacked.   But I am facing a formal disciplinary hearing in two weeks time, where one option is dismissal.

New charges against me include, that at one meeting I was moving about on a rotating chair playing with it.  I was actually stimming while under stress and trying to relax.

Smiley

Parents
    • It looks to me like she is bullying you if what you tell me is true. If you were using your phone all the time I would understand why she took the action she did but for one isolated incident this seems way over the top and would indicate to me she has issues of her own. It's odd she said the rules must be followed to the letter yet openly flouts them herself. She is not fit to be in charge of people and perhaps you have a counter-claim that you are being victimised. I wouldn't think the people at the disciplinary meeting will take her claim very seriously and probably conclude it says more about her than you and I'm sure they have better things to do with their time.
    • It looks to me like she is bullying you if what you tell me is true. If you were using your phone all the time I would understand why she took the action she did but for one isolated incident this seems way over the top and would indicate to me she has issues of her own. It's odd she said the rules must be followed to the letter yet openly flouts them herself. She is not fit to be in charge of people and perhaps you have a counter-claim that you are being victimised. I wouldn't think the people at the disciplinary meeting will take her claim very seriously and probably conclude it says more about her than you and I'm sure they have better things to do with their time.
Children
No Data