A Royal Wedding, Huzzah!

Good Fortune to all who may read.

I honestly have no idea why I begin this Thread, yet it is begun nonetheless, and I do feel quite strongly about it. I very much like and respect Queen And Country. And...This is my first and maybe last attempt at a POLL. (I might also expect this to be a very short Thread.)

What think anyone here, of Our Great Royal Family...?

Parents
  • ...Now I know that I cannot do a POLL, despite following instructions. Oh well...

That makes little difference to this Thread, however! I do not know why I am "patriotic" yet I felt someone had to start a Thread to do with the Royal Family... I think that all such things are very rousing and Historic. 

Insofar as this being a Thread about "Royalty", then Posts may be random or "chat"-ish, although I am not that good at chat.

(As I type this, there is a reply). The last thing I meant to say was... Why is Prince Henry called "Harry"...?

• When it was announced on the news that he was named, and showed pictures of him leaving hospital with Charles and Diana, the newscaster said "His parents announced that he will be known as Harry." That's what I remember anyway. I think Diana used to call William "Wills" too but I haven't heard it used since he was a little boy. (Wouldn't like to speculate about what she called Charles!)  I don't know either of the boys full names though (?) but it should be easy to find out I guess.  

• but it should be easy to find out I guess.

...Thanks to the "joys" of The Internet, I just looked up and found out this:

The full name is something like: Henry Charles Albert David Mountbatten-Windsor

"Prince Harry’s title is His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales."

And ...

harry potter 1997
    Prince Henry 1984

...But I say what I said because Harry Potter is still so very popular, and people called thier children "Harry" rather than "Harold". Prince William could be called "Bill", but that does not happen. I do acknowledge what you say, Miss Endymion...! 

If I ever met Mr Prince, I would call him Henry and never Harry, but that is maybe my own pedantic-Aspergers, Ho-Ho...!     :-D

• I think I identified with Endymion more because he ended up sleeping so much! And it felt less of a 'lie' to give myself a male name than to identify with someone like Selene, who was reputedly an extraordinarily beautiful creature / goddess. I have been likened to many things in my lifetime but, sadly, a beautiful goddess is not one of them!  

• Firstly, I mean to Thank You, for replying so much, ever,, Madame. I have been meaning to say that for a while.

...And "Endymion" is Mythologically associated with a Male Entity... The Female counterpart is "Selene", Goddess of the Moon. But this is The Internet, and persons may call themselves whatever they fancy...?

And that is a little off-topic, yet, well, whatever. 

The press still calls Prince William "Wills" a lot. And Harry Potter is a National Institution. And I do not know the full name of a "Bill" or "Billy" -- Billiam? Billner? But this is myself begining to ramble/waffle, now... and that means that it is getting late for myself....(!) 

Back to the start... I always stand up and slighlty Salute, whenever the National Anthem is played. Complete madness, built in, and probably one reason why I felt compelled to begin this Thread! Nonetheless... Fair Play to yourself and all, come what may of it.

• I'm not good at using certain nicknames either, I don't mind 'Harry', 'Billy', or 'Jenny' if I'm introduced to the person as that but I prefer to use real names. The only ones I can't bring myself to utter at all are really ridiculous nicknames, like 'Dodger', 'Sparky', or 'Moe' so it's been very strange for me in joining this forum and having to call everyone (including myself) the most unlikely names!!     

• I'm not good at using certain nicknames either, I don't mind 'Harry', 'Billy', or 'Jenny' if I'm introduced to the person as that but I prefer to use real names. The only ones I can't bring myself to utter at all are really ridiculous nicknames, like 'Dodger', 'Sparky', or 'Moe' so it's been very strange for me in joining this forum and having to call everyone (including myself) the most unlikely names!!     

Children
  • I think I identified with Endymion more because he ended up sleeping so much! And it felt less of a 'lie' to give myself a male name than to identify with someone like Selene, who was reputedly an extraordinarily beautiful creature / goddess. I have been likened to many things in my lifetime but, sadly, a beautiful goddess is not one of them!  

• Firstly, I mean to Thank You, for replying so much, ever,, Madame. I have been meaning to say that for a while.

...And "Endymion" is Mythologically associated with a Male Entity... The Female counterpart is "Selene", Goddess of the Moon. But this is The Internet, and persons may call themselves whatever they fancy...?

And that is a little off-topic, yet, well, whatever. 

The press still calls Prince William "Wills" a lot. And Harry Potter is a National Institution. And I do not know the full name of a "Bill" or "Billy" -- Billiam? Billner? But this is myself begining to ramble/waffle, now... and that means that it is getting late for myself....(!) 

Back to the start... I always stand up and slighlty Salute, whenever the National Anthem is played. Complete madness, built in, and probably one reason why I felt compelled to begin this Thread! Nonetheless... Fair Play to yourself and all, come what may of it.