Moderators

I have seen several replies on posts today that say,

You may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who are best suited to answer.

This is different from normal, and has made me a little uncomfortable, they are posts i have replied to and to me the mod seems to be saying the answers you already have are crap so ring us for the right answer. An i being over sensative? It's hard enough to write in here as it is without feeling like your answer is being negated by an official

Parents
  • We had a poll on here recently which, although it only had a limited number of replies, suggested that people on the spectrum preferred to communicate by e-mail, writing or text and no-one answered that they preferred to communicate by phone.

I feel therefore that while it may be appropriate to suggest NTs contact the helpline it is not (as) appropriate to suggest people on the spectrum contact the helpline.

Outside bodies may have the excuse of ignorance but the NAS do not or should not have that excuse.

• Exactly, and, given that, people should not have to wait a whole month for a reply to an email. People at the helpline should check their email regularly and provide a timely response.

Reply Children