Moderators

I have seen several replies on posts today that say,

You may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who are best suited to answer.

This is different from normal, and has made me a little uncomfortable, they are posts i have replied to and to me the mod seems to be saying the answers you already have are crap so ring us for the right answer. An i being over sensative? It's hard enough to write in here as it is without feeling like your answer is being negated by an official

Parents
  • I also wonder why they advise people to contact the Autism Helpline when I understand that people wait on hold for a long time, and the wait to receive an answer via email is around a month. I think it's better to get answers from people who have gone through the same experiences, because those answers are provided on a much faster timescale. I don't think they are saying the other answers are rubbish, but what is the point of telling people to contact a helpline that is already vastly oversubscribed?

• I just thought of something else: why don't some of the helpline people come on here and answer the questions on the forum so everyone can see the answers and then new people with the same questions can simply look at the answers that are already posted on the forum?

• I think they do not have enough staff.

I think I would like to be a moderator.

I think I would really enjoy moderating.

I wish someone would be interested in me.

I could also answer the questions on the forum so everyone could see the answers and then new people with the same questions could simply look at the answers that are already posted on the forum.

• If you have not already done so you could always contact the community manager, communitymanager@nas.org.uk, and say that you are interested in being a moderator.

• I also would like to know how moderators are chosen. I am trying to figure out and understand this but I cannot find the information.

Some how to become a moderator tips can be found via the following link:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/become-website-moderator-46570.html

• if they don't have enough staff, then why do they keep telling people to contact the helpline, only to wait on hold forever?It sounds like an exercise in frustration rather than a way to get help with a genuine problem. I realise they are trying to help but it just doesn't work to refer people to the helpline all the time.

I am sorry, but I do not know the answer to the question.

It does not make much sense to me either.

I am also worried that a lot of autistic people do not like and prefer to avoid phones.

I think you'd be a good moderator. I wonder how moderators are chosen.

Thank you!

I also would like to know how moderators are chosen. I am trying to figure out and understand this but I cannot find the information.

• if they don't have enough staff, then why do they keep telling people to contact the helpline, only to wait on hold forever?It sounds like an exercise in frustration rather than a way to get help with a genuine problem. I realise they are trying to help but it just doesn't work to refer people to the helpline all the time.

Children