Chat Bot

Am I right to be concerned about the possibility of Chat Bots on this site?

There are a few concerning posts and, as I don't know much about these things, I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing here? Can they cause harm to individuals in any way on this type of chat site? 

If I'm being ridiculous, someone please tell me so! (I will be more relieved than offended.)

• Maybe learn to enjoy it more ~ in the comfort of knowing that we all do to various degrees here, and that you are welcome to do so with us too. :-)

I noticed that some repetitive things calm me down and I even enjoy, like, stimming, moving back and forth.

But, I hate clocks ticking.

• Yeah, I have read the book.

Well you did state previously as follows:

I've read Berne.

I also know what behaviourism is.

Yes ~ but other readers might not, hence me including the information for them, and explaining its relevance to our discussion.

Berne isn't my thing

Different strokes for different folks ~ of course.

If you like it you are entitled to without justification! 

Not at all regarding 'justification', just information for information sake, all in all.

• Thank you for clearing that all up for me. Amazing!

• Yeah, I have read the book. I also know what behaviourism is. I just didn't find it my thing. Berne isn't my thing. If you like it you are entitled to without justification! 

• Oh good that you don't worry about it.

Worrying is too distracting and uses up a lot energy, whereas having concerns is far more viable in terms of enabling more conscientious attentiveness in my experience.

What worries do the other users give you?

Well obviously none, but if you mean what consideration do others give me here, I find by majority rather a lot. When it comes to "insultathons" though ~ I have had the full range of insults given to me, studied a few other languages cultural variations in order to understand them more, and when I have heard new insults ~ I have been really impressed with the innovative talent shown. Otherwise it is just that blah blah blah sort of thing.

I haven't seen any drama here yet really because I'm new.

It is said of me sometimes that I am the equivalent of the United Nations, as I have done loads of conflict resolution stuff socially and officially. But basically the winter to spring months of the year tend to get 'dramatic' in terms of shaking off winter time grogginess, with the spring vitality thing firing up and volatility for some becoming an issue. Really hot long summers make people also quite irritable in general. 

• I've read Berne. I found it slightly behaviourist.

Well given that: "Behaviorism is a learning theory that only focuses on objectively observable behaviors and discounts any independent activities of the mind. Behavior theorists define learning as nothing more than the acquisition of new behavior based on environmental conditions." It is generally not a bad thing, and in fact quite requisite to some degree to account for the "Blank Slate" theorists who maintain we know nothing until we are told what we then learn to know. This does apply to various degrees, but does not hold water with geniuses or the evidence of the collective unconscious, involving genetic conditioning and programming from the ancestral line, and other involvements.

It was a good basic concept but 4 rigidly held positions seemed a too final way to make sense of the world. There are a lot of people with the I'm OK your, not OK position and the your not OK, I'm not OK positions that can have good days.

Holding rigidly to a fixed system of modelling is referred to as model blindness, and hence "For the sake of sanity >(or all that you may hold dear)< keep in mind that the [theoretical] map is not the [actual] territory ~ being one of my personal favourites. The four positions model is though pretty universal regarding fire, air, water and earth personality types, and left to right and front to back cerebral functions and all that.

Transactional Analysis is a bit nihilistic for me. People aren't always using people for some form of currency. I'd be pretty paranoid taking that approach!

I have always found the nihilistic or null-hypothesis approach to things significantly weird, and more of a confusion for others when they applied it universally.

The vast majority of people do though in fact rely on each other to fulfil social contracts of currency exchange ~ i.e. be polite to me and I wont be rude to you, otherwise known as social etiquette, which involves various stratums of social status anxiety, paranoia and greed in society also as currencies.

• Them as well yes, but I have no worries about it. My only concerns are for those effected by it when things go as they do at seasonal changes, and tempers flare and so fourth.

Oh good that you don't worry about it. What worries do the other users give you? I haven't seen any drama here yet really because I'm new.

• I fully expect the whole thing to be locked or deleted by tomorrow, and I shall never get such a good chance to find out about such things again...

If you wish to find out about Chat Bots and converse with or programme them, there is:

https://home.pandorabots.com/en/

If you wish to communicate with Chatbots without signing up and all that stuff ~ try one of the following two perhaps:

A.L.I.C.E. (Artificial Linguistic Internet Computer Entity)

http://demo.vhost.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=ac28c6669e36b194

And:

LILITH

https://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=b9b96b247e34f4f2

• At Aspie Village one the community members knows alot about forums and computing stuff and gave here a major thumbs down. He described it as "clunky". Another computing friend said that this system is like writing on multiple different layers, and the layers come together at later stages.

Sorry I had missed your reply. Like your friend said, it is like writing on multiple layers! It's something we will have to get used to though!

• I've read Berne. I found it slightly behaviourist. The 4 life positions part was an interesting concept. It was a good basic concept but 4 rigidly held positions seemed a too final way to make sense of the world. There are a lot of people with the I'm OK your, not OK position and the your not OK, I'm not OK positions that can have good days. Transactional Analysis is a bit nihilistic for me. People aren't always using people for some form of currency. I'd be pretty paranoid taking that approach!

• ASD people can notice patterns!

Noticing body-language and social-cultural patterns as geometric and archetypal progressions has been a special interest of mine life long, what with the body-language not matching with what people were saying (social masking) and people would in general behave very differently in different social groupings, and at different stages each month. Female ovulations, pay days, holidays, sporting events and all that.

I got the system clocked at secondary school, as I worked out that I could get bullied by one of the big hitters on a particular day of the week, and not get beaten up for a few days while the bullying types revelled in his artistry. It was really tricky at first as I had to make sure that the other bullied types did not gat an extra attention on my account, so I had to run or limp to the next session before the other bully types got going on somebody else. 

When I stated studying A-level psychology at college to get into university, I made a friend who's father was the head of the psychology department at the uni I was planning on going to, and we got talking about sociological patterns, so he loaned me a book, called the Games People Play, and it described, categorised and itemised all the ins and outs and roundabouts of the social patterns I had clocked. Revelation factor ten ~ a really useful dictionary. 

• These threads are confusing as hell sometimes! I was on a thread where about 5 pictures disappeared the other day they are back now though. I thought that stuff was being deleted! I've had replies disappear too then just pop back into existence. While I couldn't see them another user was replying to them!

At Aspie Village one the community members knows alot about forums and computing stuff and gave here a major thumbs down. He described it as "clunky". Another computing friend said that this system is like writing on multiple different layers, and the layers come together at later stages.

• "Competetive lures" are you reffering to the Reddit upvote thing? Don't worry about it!

Them as well yes, but I have no worries about it. My only concerns are for those effected by it when things go as they do at seasonal changes, and tempers flare and so fourth.

• I can't make anything of any of it, although I did only look at a couple of the threads. Confusing but not overly concerning, I don't think, as long as the conversations are kept on the public threads. I don't know nearly enough about these things and have to defer to the people who appear to know how it all works.   

• "Competetive lures" are you reffering to the Reddit upvote thing? Don't worry about it!

• These threads are confusing as hell sometimes! I was on a thread where about 5 pictures disappeared the other day they are back now though. I thought that stuff was being deleted! I've had replies disappear too then just pop back into existence. While I couldn't see them another user was replying to them!

• ASD people can notice patterns! I had a drink a few years with a friend and he brought a guy along who programmed fixed betting odds terminal programs. We got talking and I had figured out how they spread the take ot 12.5% and spread the pay of 87.5%. He couldn't understand how I'd figured it out. It wasn't a conversation about the actual code but the nature of the take. My dad is a compulsive gambler and my grandfather was a bookie. I'd watched the ins and outs of certain meetings, spreads and stuff. I figured how I'd done it weeks later. You probably picked up on a pattern you already recognised. He asked me if I gambled. I told him no, never. Another pattern I noticed was how my dad was always broke and my grandad wasn't!

• I would apologise for my latter posts, but it is not really my fault... I am still in a Huff and annoyed and all that, but largely at this Forum just now (at Three in the Morning)...

This whose fault it is does not apply.

You got caught up with everyone else involved and got where you did, and everyone else did where they did ~ due to previous behavioural patterns also integrating with the new forum and all of its competitive lures.