Chat Bot

Am I right to be concerned about the possibility of Chat Bots on this site?

There are a few concerning posts and, as I don't know much about these things, I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing here? Can they cause harm to individuals in any way on this type of chat site? 

If I'm being ridiculous, someone please tell me so! (I will be more relieved than offended.)

Parents
  • Greetings to all here. (Endymion started this Thread, and so I reply from that top to keep this near the bottom despite Miss Endymion not posting much...?)

An awful lot of differing chat about Ra***, I now see, and it is hard for me to follow all of this here, while still trying to follow Ra****... 

If I am being tracked, As I am Online, maybe another new Thread will start. 

Lastly, to DeepThought... I am plesantly surprised to see a Program written in something like BASIC, maybe? This is kind of what I had in mind as well... Real person or not...

• Hey all, I've just logged on and this is the first thread I've popped in to - it had 11 notifications!!! Now I see why, sort of ... It looks like something weird was happening last night while I was offline!?!? No idea what yet but it's slowly coming together like a jigsaw, hmmmm.  

• Yes. Have a look around, it is complicated, I posted links...

I logged on in order to further investigate, but got told off, here, and so I might not do that now. I fully expect the whole thing to be locked or deleted by tomorrow, and I shall never get such a good chance to find out about such things again...

To anyone else reading, I also logged on in order to revive the Problems Thread now that Easter is over. 

• Yeah, I have read the book.

Well you did state previously as follows:

I've read Berne.

I also know what behaviourism is.

Yes ~ but other readers might not, hence me including the information for them, and explaining its relevance to our discussion.

Berne isn't my thing

Different strokes for different folks ~ of course.

If you like it you are entitled to without justification! 

Not at all regarding 'justification', just information for information sake, all in all.

• Thank you for clearing that all up for me. Amazing!

• Yeah, I have read the book. I also know what behaviourism is. I just didn't find it my thing. Berne isn't my thing. If you like it you are entitled to without justification! 

• Oh good that you don't worry about it.

Worrying is too distracting and uses up a lot energy, whereas having concerns is far more viable in terms of enabling more conscientious attentiveness in my experience.

What worries do the other users give you?

Well obviously none, but if you mean what consideration do others give me here, I find by majority rather a lot. When it comes to "insultathons" though ~ I have had the full range of insults given to me, studied a few other languages cultural variations in order to understand them more, and when I have heard new insults ~ I have been really impressed with the innovative talent shown. Otherwise it is just that blah blah blah sort of thing.

I haven't seen any drama here yet really because I'm new.

It is said of me sometimes that I am the equivalent of the United Nations, as I have done loads of conflict resolution stuff socially and officially. But basically the winter to spring months of the year tend to get 'dramatic' in terms of shaking off winter time grogginess, with the spring vitality thing firing up and volatility for some becoming an issue. Really hot long summers make people also quite irritable in general. 

• I've read Berne. I found it slightly behaviourist.

Well given that: "Behaviorism is a learning theory that only focuses on objectively observable behaviors and discounts any independent activities of the mind. Behavior theorists define learning as nothing more than the acquisition of new behavior based on environmental conditions." It is generally not a bad thing, and in fact quite requisite to some degree to account for the "Blank Slate" theorists who maintain we know nothing until we are told what we then learn to know. This does apply to various degrees, but does not hold water with geniuses or the evidence of the collective unconscious, involving genetic conditioning and programming from the ancestral line, and other involvements.

It was a good basic concept but 4 rigidly held positions seemed a too final way to make sense of the world. There are a lot of people with the I'm OK your, not OK position and the your not OK, I'm not OK positions that can have good days.

Holding rigidly to a fixed system of modelling is referred to as model blindness, and hence "For the sake of sanity >(or all that you may hold dear)< keep in mind that the [theoretical] map is not the [actual] territory ~ being one of my personal favourites. The four positions model is though pretty universal regarding fire, air, water and earth personality types, and left to right and front to back cerebral functions and all that.

Transactional Analysis is a bit nihilistic for me. People aren't always using people for some form of currency. I'd be pretty paranoid taking that approach!

I have always found the nihilistic or null-hypothesis approach to things significantly weird, and more of a confusion for others when they applied it universally.

The vast majority of people do though in fact rely on each other to fulfil social contracts of currency exchange ~ i.e. be polite to me and I wont be rude to you, otherwise known as social etiquette, which involves various stratums of social status anxiety, paranoia and greed in society also as currencies.

• Them as well yes, but I have no worries about it. My only concerns are for those effected by it when things go as they do at seasonal changes, and tempers flare and so fourth.

Oh good that you don't worry about it. What worries do the other users give you? I haven't seen any drama here yet really because I'm new.

Reply Children
  • Thank you for clearing that all up for me. Amazing!

• Oh good that you don't worry about it.

Worrying is too distracting and uses up a lot energy, whereas having concerns is far more viable in terms of enabling more conscientious attentiveness in my experience.

What worries do the other users give you?

Well obviously none, but if you mean what consideration do others give me here, I find by majority rather a lot. When it comes to "insultathons" though ~ I have had the full range of insults given to me, studied a few other languages cultural variations in order to understand them more, and when I have heard new insults ~ I have been really impressed with the innovative talent shown. Otherwise it is just that blah blah blah sort of thing.

I haven't seen any drama here yet really because I'm new.

It is said of me sometimes that I am the equivalent of the United Nations, as I have done loads of conflict resolution stuff socially and officially. But basically the winter to spring months of the year tend to get 'dramatic' in terms of shaking off winter time grogginess, with the spring vitality thing firing up and volatility for some becoming an issue. Really hot long summers make people also quite irritable in general.