What do I need to do to be listened to?

In a difficult situation.

Family don't give a ***.

Social work don't give a ***.

What the ** am I supposed to do?

In the past I've overdosed and sent an email to social work mentioning suicide and ended up in a psych ward in a cry for help. But I still get ignored and all I get offered is horrible medication.

Parents Reply Children
  • I know, don’t give in. My help came in a way I wasn’t expecting because I refused to give in. After I told the coach what life is like for me she listened and took action. 

• I've been in hospital. I've been on anti-psychotic medication. That isn't what I need. What I need is to be listened to and understood.

• I understand how you feel and I too feel it’s not acceptable. I said to someone the other day that it’s like being a second class citizen. I came clean to my work coach about what life is like for me and she got me some help. They’ve tried to give me medication and it’s tempting, but I keep declining. I also thought about going into hospital, if only for a break but I realised I’d have to come out so I’m gonna keep on fighting to get what I need. We deserve to have our needs met. Don’t give in. X