Night Owls thread

This a thread for a people who are still awake at night and feeling lonely.  You can chat here.

• I am about this evening. Deep in rumination as ever.

• It is a shocking thing to be in close proximity to a road traffic collision - particularly one resulting in a fatality.  I am sorry to hear that news for the sake of all involved.

As it was on your route home / close by your home it might feel even more of a "close call" which can be unsettling.

I am hoping that you have the opportunity (take the time) to talk about the experience, in person, with someone you know over the next few days - as it can help to put yourself back into your own life mode (hope that makes sense).

Indeed, a reminder for us all to seize life's opportunities.

• I'm still up - not for much longer though.

Saw a rather disturbing event on my way home tonight - there is a big road intersection close to the building I live in and as I was getting to the door to the building I heard a squeal of vehicle brakes and a thump - I looked over and someone had been crossing the road after the crossing light had changed and had got hit by a bus.

Turns out they didn't make it - the road ended up closed in rush hour (all 6 lanes of it) and it caused quite a traffic snarl up.

It does make you realise how fleeting life is and that there is no point puting things off as you never know when it will be too late.

• I hope anyone who's still awake is having a good night?

• Unfortunately not. I was very unwell and unhappy after a exchange I got into online.

• were you..gasp.. sleeping!?

• Lovely poem. Thankyou for keeping this thread active whilst I was having a night off! :)

• oh that's lovely. and lighthearted.

• An Ode To Irregular Sleepers (part 2)

A supermoon, rare and blue
    Calls the night owls "hoo hoo! Hoo hoo!"

Hoooo is awake in the wee hours of night!
    Why do we awaken when we turn off the light

Day 1 is activity both high and deep
    Day 2 is a crash and need for sleep

The night rolls round but awake in bed
    Still exhausted, body, legs and head

Let this be a lesson
    Don't boom and bust.
    8 hours of sleep (well, actually, 6, 7.5 or 9) is a must.

Remember owls to watch your spoons
    Or be here again in the light of the moon.

• jazz vocalist: one of my favs. His voice is so soothing and his syncopation so playful and gentle. He is like playing with a kitten with string. Late at night his music and vocal work is just right.

• I'm not one to worry about social pleasantries so no worries. I still get into trouble by my family for not always asking how poeple are etc so I think this lack of small talk is an autistic thing.

• I did not ask how you are by the way? My apologies.  I am going to catch up with some sport shortly.

• She was very fiery and emotional.  But also compassionate . I think she just got sick of waiting for me to get my *** together and found someone else in the end.

Ah well. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Maybe I will live in a City one day. Just to see what it's like.  I'll have to see.

• I've lived in a small town in SouthWest Scotland, on the south coast of East Sussex and Milton Keynes but the others have been big cities - I like the feel of the small towns but the lack of amenities is a real dissapointment when you are used to having pretty much anything available 24/7

I nearly ended up with a Brazilian partner my own sel

They tend to be a fiery bunch, but great if you can make that connection with them. A bit general I know but I have known enough through work and social networks here that I have a high degree of confidence in it.

This actually gives me an idea for a discussion thead about partners from outside our cultures - thanks for the prompt. I'll get onto this when I have some time.

• I nearly ended up with a Brazilian partner my own self.  A lady I was friends with for many years. Alas it did not work out in the end.  She is from Sao Paolo but living in the UK.

I have never lived in a Big City. Only in my rural area of the English Midlands.

• The peace of 1 am is finally here.

I do like the quiet that descends after the bars and clubs empty out and the revelers go home leaving the streets to the cleaners and refuse collectors.

Round here I would be a bit wary of going out mind you - lots of literal crack addicts about at this time of night and a few have serious mental issues alas. No safety net for them here in Brazil unfortunately.

• The peace of 1 am is finally here.

• Thanks for that.  Very interesting and unique music.