Night Owls thread

This a thread for a people who are still awake at night and feeling lonely.  You can chat here.

Parents
  • The peace of 1 am is finally here.

• The peace of 1 am is finally here.

I do like the quiet that descends after the bars and clubs empty out and the revelers go home leaving the streets to the cleaners and refuse collectors.

Round here I would be a bit wary of going out mind you - lots of literal crack addicts about at this time of night and a few have serious mental issues alas. No safety net for them here in Brazil unfortunately.

• I nearly ended up with a Brazilian partner my own self.  A lady I was friends with for many years. Alas it did not work out in the end.  She is from Sao Paolo but living in the UK.

I have never lived in a Big City. Only in my rural area of the English Midlands.

• I nearly ended up with a Brazilian partner my own self.  A lady I was friends with for many years. Alas it did not work out in the end.  She is from Sao Paolo but living in the UK.

I have never lived in a Big City. Only in my rural area of the English Midlands.

Children
  • I'm not one to worry about social pleasantries so no worries. I still get into trouble by my family for not always asking how poeple are etc so I think this lack of small talk is an autistic thing.

• I did not ask how you are by the way? My apologies.  I am going to catch up with some sport shortly.

• She was very fiery and emotional.  But also compassionate . I think she just got sick of waiting for me to get my *** together and found someone else in the end.

Ah well. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Maybe I will live in a City one day. Just to see what it's like.  I'll have to see.

• I've lived in a small town in SouthWest Scotland, on the south coast of East Sussex and Milton Keynes but the others have been big cities - I like the feel of the small towns but the lack of amenities is a real dissapointment when you are used to having pretty much anything available 24/7

I nearly ended up with a Brazilian partner my own sel

They tend to be a fiery bunch, but great if you can make that connection with them. A bit general I know but I have known enough through work and social networks here that I have a high degree of confidence in it.

This actually gives me an idea for a discussion thead about partners from outside our cultures - thanks for the prompt. I'll get onto this when I have some time.