I need help my sister wants to kick me out of my house

my parents died not long ago i have autism and my sister wants me out so she can have her part of the inheritance but i dont know if she has the right to kick me out so soon i fear the stress may kill me solicitors so expensive

• It's a horrible situation to find yourself in and I an only echo others in saying that you need legal advice pronto, CAB might be able to give you a list of solicitors, but if you know of anyone with recomendations I'd use them. I dont' know if she has the right to kick you out, it will depend in a large part on if there's a will and who benefits and if theres no will then no action can be taken yet. Whether the is a will or not the legal process of probate will have to clear, if there is no will then the probate court will decide who gets what etc, it's usually an equal split between the children of the deceased.

• I’m afraid you will definitely need some kind of legal advice, Citizens advice bureau may be a good place to to start they could direct you to local help. It will all come down to your parents will(s) and the value of the house. Is your sister legally in charge of dealing with all the paperwork? Have your parents left you a share of the house? If they have there is the option of taking out a mortgage if you can afford one to buy your sister’s share from her. I’m 11 months into inheriting a house with my brother and it’s still not fully done yet, but I am living in it. It takes months to sort out so you may have a while to prepare for any changes

• Has the will been read yet?

• You're going to need legal advice, I'd suggest starting with Citizen's Advice who will help you establish what you need to handle things.

It's a complex situation and you'll need external support to deal with it, and a lot depends on what the will says.

• I'm sorry you find yourself in this worrying situation. As I understand it - you're saying that you and your sister each inherited a half share of your family home? And she wants you to vacate so the property can be sold, freeing up her share of the inheritance?

I also inherited a half share of a property a number of years ago but I wasn't/didn't need to live in it. I did have to give permission/agree to put the property up for sale though. 

I'm not a solicitor so I can't advise you. Some solicitors do  offer a free initial appointment (at least they used to in my area) so perhaps you could contact some local solicitors to see if this is the case? If they don't then you can ask how much a short consultation will cost? That said - probably your first port of call should be the Citizens Advice Bureau who will offer free advice (there may be a waiting list as they're very busy) 

I hope you manage to get some good advice so you can move forward 

Inula

• Why does Your Sister think SHE has the inheritance ?
    Sorry You lost Your parents but their last will and testiment will be heard in court.
    Ignore what Your Sister says, stay where You are until the last will and testiment is read officially.
    Stand Your ground.
    Let the Law speak and go from there.
    Who knows ?  It might be Your Sister who has to leave ! 
    Ignore Her and attend the probate.
    You DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING.