On a bad day - what do you turn to for comfort?

We all have really bad days and when I do I often feel I’m floundering and don’t know where to turn to find some comfort and make the world feel like a less completely hostile place. What strategies do you use on those days when everything feels completely overwhelming and bleak and you’re feeling hopeless about life? What helps?

Parents
  • Self harming https me

Not healthy but it does help.

I've been looking for alternatives but so far found nothing.

• Keep looking for the alternatives Goosey.......please.....you lovely human !

Until last year, I thought that drowning myself in alcohol was the only real help for me.  I stopped doing that and looked for alternatives.....but found none......and actually realised that I didn't anything at all.  How cool is that !!

It is amazing just how weird and wonderful we all are......lets keep ourselves safe and keep it that way.

From one who knows.......and cares about you mate.

• Keep looking for the alternatives Goosey.......please.....you lovely human !

Until last year, I thought that drowning myself in alcohol was the only real help for me.  I stopped doing that and looked for alternatives.....but found none......and actually realised that I didn't anything at all.  How cool is that !!

It is amazing just how weird and wonderful we all are......lets keep ourselves safe and keep it that way.

From one who knows.......and cares about you mate.

Children
  • You are the lovely human wonderful Number x

Thank you so much for your lonely words it truly means a lot to me.

I am always looking for alternatives and I'm faithful that I will find one that works for me in the end

It is amazing just how weird and wonderful we all are......lets keep ourselves safe and keep it that way

1000% agree!

Good things are coming I know it I've just got to stay positive x

• Yes - ‘keep looking for the alternatives’  wherever possible when it comes to comfort that can be destructive. . Alcohol is my ‘go to’ but it doesn’t really help. It numbs things a bit but it’s a depressive. But sometimes we have nothing but destructive options in our ‘armoury’. I only wish I had the answer. I just want to say to everyone who is struggling that you are not alone. Definitely not alone.