On a bad day - what do you turn to for comfort?

We all have really bad days and when I do I often feel I’m floundering and don’t know where to turn to find some comfort and make the world feel like a less completely hostile place. What strategies do you use on those days when everything feels completely overwhelming and bleak and you’re feeling hopeless about life? What helps?

Parents Reply Children
  • I used to do that years ago Goosey but now I watch very sad songs on YouTube instead. Very emotional ones that make me emotional. It would look like I’m very sad or upset but it actually makes me feel better in exactly the same way cutting myself once did.

• I’m sorry Goosey - I imagine that’s a very challenging kind of help/comfort to have to turn to. I’ve considered  it sometimes, but I have too much health anxiety for that. I’d be too scared and I’d worry I’d end up having to seek medical help - which I have such a dread of. I understand though x I hope you can find alternatives that work for you, and in the meantime: solidarity. Mental pain is hard to live with and anything that helps is hard to walk away from. Take care x

• Keep looking for the alternatives Goosey.......please.....you lovely human !

Until last year, I thought that drowning myself in alcohol was the only real help for me.  I stopped doing that and looked for alternatives.....but found none......and actually realised that I didn't anything at all.  How cool is that !!

It is amazing just how weird and wonderful we all are......lets keep ourselves safe and keep it that way.

From one who knows.......and cares about you mate.

• Do you like comedy? I feel a distraction (whatever it is) will help you.