Bullying

I don't know where to turn here my Daughter has Autism but was let down by CAMS when she turned 16 so had no help . 

She was bullied all through school and the school had help in place for her.

She is now 17 and has gone through her first year of college with no problems as she has tried to keep he autism a secret. Last week she made a mistake by posting a meme on a group chat without thinking and another student said it made the feel awkward so she said sorry and removed it. She was in her second year and now all the bullying starts because of this one girl who has started a hate group against her. She has bee bullied and assaulted by the other students in her group. She went for help but was told it's her own fault by the staff. She has now been thrown out of college which was the only thing she had in her life that kept her calm.

The college say there is nothing we can do there is no way of having this reversed what they say is final. I have put a post on Facebook and seem to have support but i don't know where we stand. Here is a copy of that post.

If your thinking of sending any of your children here **************** Make sure they have no Autism or any mental health problems or disability.
Because if they have and make the slightest mistake (like posting a meme in a group chat that one person didn't like) they will be bullied by staff and other students. If they complain that the are being bullied they will be shouted at by staff and told it's their own fault.
Then if they complain they have been assaulted by other students they will be told they are telling lies. Then if you complain to ****** ******(vice Principle Curriculum)**************You will be ignored and your child will be thrown out of college for being bullied.
[Post edited by moderator]
Parents
  • Hello @James

I'm really sorry to hear that your daughter had this experience at school. If you need support with an appeal against a decision about a child or young person’s educational needs, you might want to contact our Educational Tribunal Support Helpline: 

https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/help-and-support/tribunal-support-line 

Unfortunately your post breaches number 3 of our online community rules '...Please do not use the forum to identify other individuals, whether in passing or when making complaints. Please use alternative websites or resources if you wish to make a complaint about an individual or third party service.' I have therefore had to edit out any identifying individuals/services from your post. Please see our community rules for reference: https://community.autism.org.uk/p/rules

All the best,

Chloe

• That's fine thank you Chloe, Anger just took over there as a place of education treating my daughter with autism and a group of staff getting together to bully her and then throw her out, Then tell us we have no chance of doing anything about it.

• That's fine thank you Chloe, Anger just took over there as a place of education treating my daughter with autism and a group of staff getting together to bully her and then throw her out, Then tell us we have no chance of doing anything about it.

Children
No Data