Anger within autisim

hey all so i am unsure what group to stick it in but i have noticeing some anger issues which has rsulted in a threat to call the police friom family. i dont know what is causing them and i am kinda no longer able to control it. i am actually scared people are scared of me. i work in retail and am afraid i may hurt someone very badly. any and all advice is needed right now. i have msg my college to see if i can get surpport there. but just want really a place to talk. i have punched my arm multiple times to relive anger. i have hurt 2 memebers of family . jsut need help. please.

• i never been sesitive to sound or light. 

• tbf my nickname many years ago was hulk. i really am unsure anymore. i am slowly getting back into a dio im working on and trying to do an event on ets2 befor 11th and then i have a new bed frame coming so my room needs to be reorginised temp. i think it may be change overload saying that i really am unsure

• Hi RhysF00,

Thank you for sharing this with our community. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

You may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice. They'll be taking calls until May 19th.

https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/help-and-support/helpline 

You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Friday 10 am to 3 pm. Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an adviser).

Hope it helps.

Kindest regards,

Eunice Mod

• Hiya

As with most of us, it sounds like your fight-or-flight system is stuck on 99.9% so you're on a hair-trigger for an adrenaline rush if you get a tiny bit of extra stimulation.    That will cause a Hulk-like response - Hulk Smash!

What do you do to vent your energy?     Do you run or ride a bike?      You need to dissipate the Hulk within.

• Sounds like you might suffer with heightened anxiety like myself..

I find myself being aggressive when Im anxioius, stressed or having sensory overload..

If my neighbours play music to loud I start screaming at them..

Needless to say it doesnt help because they have all retaliated and cannot understand the problems it is causing me..

I have been self injourous when I feel like no one will want to listen to my problems/ issues caused by my anxiety and autism..

Maybe you may need to look into weather different light/Sound /Textures/or environments cause you to feel this way and take precautionary measures..

An Occupational Therapist who deals with Autism may also be able to help..

I was given advice to use weighted blankets., gym ball, huggie top for social anxiety in busy places, special ear plugs that cancel out loud noise but keeps an audilbe comortable sound, different clothes due to irritation by textures and be tested for Irlen Syndrome and be provided glasses for people with lightwave sensitivity..

Sometimes it can be something as simple at changing the type of lighting in your environment..

Hope you will find what you need soon..

I how how hard it is to ask for help