Female autism and EDS

Hi

I was a professional autism educationalist with national charities.  I was always asking about hypermobility  students, girls and autism.  I was never believed but after being made redundant received my Ehlers Danlos and autistic diagnosis, anyone else?

• ok, i will check it out. Do you receive support? 

• Well rather than me discuss the differences which might be inaccurate I would suggest looking at the Ehlers-Danlos Support UK Website.  They have the new classficiations and also a medical forum?  I know we have to strengthen our joints by using our muscles if we can but can be challenging when they dislocate.

• Hi,I havent seen the new classification, no. i don't receive any support for my hypermobility. I used to receive physio in an attempt to tighten my muscles but it didnt work. I dislocated my thumb plugging a wire in at work a few months back and was told its something ive got to deal with having hypermobility, that and when lifting weights my wrist pops out of joint.. however i have just had a look at Ehlers-Danlos and feel I do suffer with alot of the syptoms listed online.. bar bruising easily. is there a big difference between hyper mobility and Ehlers-Danlos? 

• Hi,I havent seen the new classification, no. i don't receive any support for my hypermobility. I used to receive physio in an attempt to tighten my muscles but it didnt work. I dislocated my thumb plugging a wire in at work a few months back and was told its something ive got to deal with having hypermobility.. however i have just had a look at Ehlers-Danlos and feel I do suffer with alot of the syptoms listed online.. bar bruising easily. is there a big difference between hyper mobility and Ehlers-Danlos? 

• Hi Kayla,

How are you coping with your hypermobility?  Did you join a support group? Have you seen the new hypermobility classifications as interestingly they are separating joint hypermobility sydromes from Hypermobility Ehlers-Danlos but both equally seen as needing support.  Also a colleague is a lot in the news and media at the moment regarding high functioning autism and EDS.  I suspect more as I know the percentage of EDS females.

• Hi, I have been diagnosed with hypermobility.. i received my diagnosis for hypermobility years before my diagnosis of High Functioning autism.