Female autism and EDS

Hi

I was a professional autism educationalist with national charities.  I was always asking about hypermobility  students, girls and autism.  I was never believed but after being made redundant received my Ehlers Danlos and autistic diagnosis, anyone else?

Parents
  • Hi Kayla,

How are you coping with your hypermobility?  Did you join a support group? Have you seen the new hypermobility classifications as interestingly they are separating joint hypermobility sydromes from Hypermobility Ehlers-Danlos but both equally seen as needing support.  Also a colleague is a lot in the news and media at the moment regarding high functioning autism and EDS.  I suspect more as I know the percentage of EDS females.

• Hi Kayla,

How are you coping with your hypermobility?  Did you join a support group? Have you seen the new hypermobility classifications as interestingly they are separating joint hypermobility sydromes from Hypermobility Ehlers-Danlos but both equally seen as needing support.  Also a colleague is a lot in the news and media at the moment regarding high functioning autism and EDS.  I suspect more as I know the percentage of EDS females.

Children
No Data