Female autism and EDS

Hi

I was a professional autism educationalist with national charities.  I was always asking about hypermobility  students, girls and autism.  I was never believed but after being made redundant received my Ehlers Danlos and autistic diagnosis, anyone else?

Parents
  • Hi,I havent seen the new classification, no. i don't receive any support for my hypermobility. I used to receive physio in an attempt to tighten my muscles but it didnt work. I dislocated my thumb plugging a wire in at work a few months back and was told its something ive got to deal with having hypermobility, that and when lifting weights my wrist pops out of joint.. however i have just had a look at Ehlers-Danlos and feel I do suffer with alot of the syptoms listed online.. bar bruising easily. is there a big difference between hyper mobility and Ehlers-Danlos? 

• Hi,I havent seen the new classification, no. i don't receive any support for my hypermobility. I used to receive physio in an attempt to tighten my muscles but it didnt work. I dislocated my thumb plugging a wire in at work a few months back and was told its something ive got to deal with having hypermobility, that and when lifting weights my wrist pops out of joint.. however i have just had a look at Ehlers-Danlos and feel I do suffer with alot of the syptoms listed online.. bar bruising easily. is there a big difference between hyper mobility and Ehlers-Danlos? 

Children
No Data