Hello Everyone

Hello,

My name is Isabelle (but you may call me Belle). Im 21 years old, living in the county of Crewe, Cheshire with my parents and two lovable but crazy cats. i have mild autism - which i  was dianosed when i was 12.

The three things I love:

1. Music - Daft Punk are my favourite band. I also love classical and audiobooks (in fact, it depends on my mood!).

2. Dancing (ballet, disco, drama) is my passion and my life.  

3. Reading - im a bookaholic. I love the way reading can take away, and make the people inside the book so real!

I am a total girly girl - shopping, make up, pampering - you name it, ive done it! 

But i have a little dilemma:

I moved to Crewe last year from the West Midlands and now i feel very lonely :( I am hoping through this community i can find someone that i can relate to, and that i can have a friend in. I have only one friend - and she is wonderful, but i feel i need to branch out a little bit. 

Will you be able to help me? 

Love,

Belle x 

• Hi,

Phew thats good - i was teeny bit worried. I dont like rats, they freak me out so much. My cousins had some for pets a few years back and it was totally freaky! 

My dream is to work on a cruise ship as a dancer, waitress or beautican. I hope to achieve that building my CV up and get enough experience, mainly through hospitality and mabye dance (as a backup). 

Belle x 

• You haven't upset me at all. I'm not an easily offended person either. I'm not a big fan of cats, but I need to get at least one barn cat to keep the rats off my property. One of the reasons the rabbits didn't work out is because of rats. My husband still won't agree to it though. Lol I like my pig the most. He does his own thing and lets me know when he wants attention or a treat. 

What are you looking to do for a career? 

• Hi, 

Oh dear. I understand now, sorry if i caused a bit of upset with you. Its hard when you have children, but at least you spending time with your friends as well as your children. 

Wow, that a very interesting collection of pets! i not really a fan of snakes or dogs, but i do have two cats at home and their adorable. 

Belle x 

• When I was younger I'd tell people about anything they asked. Worse, I trusted anyone about anything. So now I try to keep to myself and close family as much as possible.

My friends and I don't do a lot together. Tonight my best friend is coming over so I can help her sign up for medical insurance and notorize some documents for her. We go to each other's house sometime to eat dinner and visit, talk on the phone to keep in touch, that's about it anymore. I still have 2 small kids at home, so until they get older, we don't go out much. 

We eat our farm animals, so it isn't so bad. We do have pets though (not going to eat them, lol). We have 2 Boa's, a bearded dragon, a kune kune pig and a great dane.

• Hello again,

That's amazing - you must be very proud of raising so many animals. I'm sorry you lost your ducks and rabbits, its hard when you lose an animal, because their like family. I see your a bookkeeper - it sounds very complicated! Unfortunaly i HATE maths - so i wouldnt be very good at it! 

Your right about not telling until your quite close, it takes time to trust people, espcially if you dont know how to start a conversation (like i do). Bit i beilve you keep going and think postive, then you will get there! 

My best friend has Autism like myself and she LOVED the scrapbook - in fact i stayed up until 1AM the night before i gave it her to finish it! We are very close, and we always go shopping together - what do you do with your friends? 

Belle x 

• We raise Red Wattle Hogs and have chickens for eggs. We used to have ducks and rabbits too, but a predator got into the duck pen and wiped them out. The rabbits weren't breeding well due to illness and predators so we had to eat the remainder of our rabbits and we'll start them again sometime next year. I'm a corporate bookkeeper, it keeps me interested in my job is my obsession with number and how easy it was for me to hold interest. It helps that it is a career with solitude and autonomy in any company I work for. 

As far as friends go, I don't talk about it until we are really close friends. Like only my best friends knows about my Aspergers and ADD. Before me, she didn't really think ADD was 'real'. I like this forum because it is the only place besides my husband I can really talk about it. I don't like to reiterate myself, so those people that expect that are dissappointed when they want me to do so.

A scrapbook for a gift, wow what an amazing idea. That is a lot of work and I bet it was awesome!! I'm making hand puppets for my 2 youngest kids for Christmas. The first one I did looks kind of creepy, so I need to change some things in the pattern so it has a more friendly look to it.

-Char

• Hello illneverbeold,

Thank-you for replying to me 

I know how you feel - its so frustrating; i hate it when people dont know what autism and aspergers is, and you have to explain it again and again - did you had to explain it to your friends when you met them? 

I like doing crafts too - so much that for my best friends birthday (this year) i made a scrapbook of our faveourite things to do together. she loved it so muchWhat kinds of crafting do you do? 

I noticed that you live on a farm - what kind of work do you do? Do you have any animals?

Hope to speak to you soon,

Love Belle x 

• Hello Belle, I'm 41 and live in FL in the USA. I have Aspergers and ADD. I love to crochet, do crafts and work on our small farm at home. I have found through most of my life a sense of loneliness as it isn't easy to make friends when you are clearly different then most AND to find people who are non-judgemental to boot. I have a couple of friends but mostly because my husband talks to people easily.