Cant beleive im here :(

Hey

My 22 month old has quite slot if autistic traits. So really joined to see where u can help him any advice etc more so as HV etc won't send for assessment for another year! So thought I'd make an effort to see if there's anything I can do to help my little guy. I do believe he may have autism. I've posted on another part of the forum for advice but thought I'd say hello to u all 

X

• HI, I have recentlty been diagnosed with diabetes and am struggling to get my 9 yr old to understand. I have to do my blood tests in another room, as he panics at the sight of the needles. Does anyone know of any resources I could use? bearing in mind that, although he's 9 physically, he's more like 4-5 emotionally.

• The title wasn't meant to offend any whatsoever. So if u have took offence then I apologise. I'm here to look for advice if u read my other post which is fairly detailed u will see I am looking to get advice and find ways in helping my son and to support him. I don't see him as wrong in any way. He's perfect as he is. 

I would actually be glad of a diagnosis if I'm honest as it means I know what is wrong and there are definite ways of being able to help. Rather than guessing is it this etc 

Of course if he is diagnosed I will be upset not for him or me but as he is already processed different to people at such a young age I will be upset for him and his future. But I'm glad he doesn't understand and he is oblivious Tobit it as he won't be hurt by remarks ET .  but he is also my son and his little quirks are something I love it makes him special. Unique. Individual. 

Once again j apologise is offended. Wasn't intentional. 

• While it is good to see you are attempting to be pro-active about looking out for your child, you may wish to spend some time looking into your own attitude towards ASD. Your post title alone says a great deal that you regard a positive diagnosis as not something to be celebrated.

Please just be aware that there are those of us on the spectrum here and some of us do take offense to being regarded as 'wrong' for being born different. Certain phrases or words can be easily misinterpreted on both sides, though the Mods usually dive in whenever someone not on the spectrum might be offended.

As your son is still really young, the best you can do is start taking note of what makes him happy and what can act as a trigger (if things are too loud, does he not like certain fabrics, is there a colour or object hes very attatched to etc.)