Im new here and a very worried parent

Hi everyone my son got diagnosed with asd about 3 months ago as you can imagine we was devastated, what makes things worse is I suffer with an Anxiety disorder myself and when the paediatrician said the word autism I went into melt down thinking the worse , so I would be grateful for any information regarding the best therapys etc we are willing to pay private if we have to , we have heard so many different things which would be the beSt way forward we are also looking to do the dairy gluten free diet for Harry s hehasbeey sensitive tummy , thanku all for your support :) X

• I have just joined up to this forum, I have a 15 year old daughter diagnosed ASD at 11 and severe OCD at 9. I'm just at a very low point and feel like I need support, thought joining this might help. All I want is what's best for my daughter, I want her to have the best life she possibly can, but sometimes the constant fighting for it grinds me down - but as all us mums know, you can't give up and with a child to care for you can't crumble either. Life is very hard for my daughter with all her OCD contamination fears as well as the ASD issues. Year 11 is looming next week, no idea how she is going to survive it and no idea what lies beyond. It's all so scary and I know I should be 'mindful' and think about right now but I just feel sick with anxiety :(

• hi

i can totally relate to where your coming from! My daughter Got diagnosed last August and i cannot count the hours and sleepless nights googling and buy books online, have you been offered an early bird course? I cannot comment if it will answer all your questions as were on the waiting list to do the course, but the speech therapist consultant and senco at the school are all in agreement It will help!

i have a son who is 2 and mostly non verbal the speech therapist has been really helpful but warned is it won't happen over night thongs like back round noise effect my son a lot he can't really understand you if there's back round noise like TV radio I get a lot more interaction of its just one on one with no distractaction borh playing with (an example) one car and saying ready steady go and then pushing it it took about 3 days but he now says ready steady go doing that just for 5-10 mins a day whilst it's quiet has made a difference already maybe try a few talking to him in different environments to see when he's most responsive? 

sorry it's not much help, I just wanted you to know your not alone in how your feeling, we are still in early stages with my son, as in trying to get him to communicate but after a months  of trying speech therapy tasks at home he called me mummy for the first time so it will all be worth it

• Yea sure my son will be 3 in October he is starting pre school then , he isn't speaking yet and gets very frustrated,he also seems to have lots of meltdowns but not sure if some of them are the terrible two tantrums it's very confusing , his understanding is poor as well I feel so isolated x

• Hi, welcome.  If you tell us a bit more about your son such as his age, how he's doing at school or nursery et etc then posters can reply more helpfully.  Also do a search on the posts + via the home pg - lots of info there.