Hi, recently had autism diagnosis. Also *** wants to meet friends.

Hello, I have recently been diagnosed with high functioning autism. I am 43 and also ***.  I am looking to find friends and maybe a 'gentle' type of social group in my area, something like a coffee morning with other gay women would be perfect. Do any exist? 

• Hello Coco Mod,

Thank you for your link, I have tried to find the group on Facebook but wasn't succesful. So I decided to set up a community page on Facebook called Gay Women with Autism. Hopefully in time people will become aware of the site and then maybe coffee mornings and quieter social gatherings can be arranged.

Thanks again for looking into it.

• Hi Hope,

Thanks for your reply. You are right it is harder to find social groups or friends or even a partner when you are a minority in a minority.Like you I cannot attend bars and clubs, due to noise and I also have travelling issues so tend to keep quite local at present. I am on a *** network website, called Pink Sofa, but find interacting quite difficult as there are not many people similar. 

So I decided to set up a community page on Facebook called Gay Women with Autism. Hopefully in time people will become aware of the site and then maybe coffee mornings and quieter social gatherings can be arranged.

• Hi both Cappucino and Hope,

I did a quick search on our page and found the following previous link to others in your position;

community.autism.org.uk/.../going-out-gay-scene-lgbt-autistic-people-o

I hope you find some connections,

Kind regards,

Coco (Moderator)

• Hi Cappuccino,

I am 27 years old, have Asperger's and am also a ***. I am looking for exactly the same sort of group, but so far without success. I cannot attend bars/clubs because of my noise issues, and need a group that is quiet and peaceful. I have never yet been in a relationship, but would like to find a partner. I think it is harder being gay and Asperger's because you are a minority within a minority. Hopefully someone can offer advice.