Hi, recently had autism diagnosis. Also *** wants to meet friends.

Hello, I have recently been diagnosed with high functioning autism. I am 43 and also ***.  I am looking to find friends and maybe a 'gentle' type of social group in my area, something like a coffee morning with other gay women would be perfect. Do any exist? 

Parents
  • Hi Hope,

Thanks for your reply. You are right it is harder to find social groups or friends or even a partner when you are a minority in a minority.Like you I cannot attend bars and clubs, due to noise and I also have travelling issues so tend to keep quite local at present. I am on a *** network website, called Pink Sofa, but find interacting quite difficult as there are not many people similar. 

So I decided to set up a community page on Facebook called Gay Women with Autism. Hopefully in time people will become aware of the site and then maybe coffee mornings and quieter social gatherings can be arranged.

• Hi Hope,

Thanks for your reply. You are right it is harder to find social groups or friends or even a partner when you are a minority in a minority.Like you I cannot attend bars and clubs, due to noise and I also have travelling issues so tend to keep quite local at present. I am on a *** network website, called Pink Sofa, but find interacting quite difficult as there are not many people similar. 

So I decided to set up a community page on Facebook called Gay Women with Autism. Hopefully in time people will become aware of the site and then maybe coffee mornings and quieter social gatherings can be arranged.

Children
No Data