Hello everyone. Early stages,wanting diagnosis and second visit to GP.

Hello everyone my names Steven and i'm 29, i'll try to be as consise and as accurate as i can be and i'd appreciate any feed back, Thank you.

I had trouble being in School as a Child. In Primery School was branded as lasy up until Yr6 where i ended up attending some sort of centre out of School, i can't remember much of this or the feeling though i can remember the inside of my Headmasters Car whom took me there. I now know that his car at the time was a 1st model of the Rover 400 and since i have been able to identify the Stain Glass windows that i remember from that centre in can now identfy the location of this this centre as a result of passing by inprevious years.

At Secondry School i had much the same troubles and from Yr7 to Yr9 i'd moved 2 Schools. I never had any Friends and wasnt able to make any, my interest in certern subjects was quielled by peoples bulling and teachers lach of ability to see or identifiy how interested i was and most were messing about.

From leaving School i went to College and up on Leaning that they were just Teaching me at level 1 after 2 years i left feeling that this was a waste of time and they had let me down, I was under the impession that i was studing level2 after an early departure from School.

From then age of 18 i got my first job at 21 after being unemployed. My first Job was at Tesco on nights filling shelves and doing odd warehouse work while the shop was closed, after 2.5 years i left Tesco. After which i picked up a job as a Maintenance man at McDonalds near my home, id been a customer after each shift at Tesco for 2 years.

My Maintenace job by the end i was responsable of repairs to the fabric of the Building 'more than ican explain here' and contractors for specilist jobs.

I ordered the stock which was around £50,000 a month and orded the operational supplies with a budget of £800 per month though i could achive this easly in £650 per month with strict and reasonable controls and accurate proscedures    

After this i started and finished my Taxi Liesence, as i thought i could learn at College and do this as its flexible.

I want to go to college to do Enginnering but worry abut my ability to be able to finish it.

Lately i have no idea whats happend or me or how to explain it, i use to be able to analise things and explain it in a logical context.

Now i feel confused, working on the Taxi 'which has been a year and a half' i have no idea how to process this. it feels like to much has happened i have non idea what to make of it. 

I use to be able to put everything into order and now it feels like so much has happend i have no idea what to make of it. 

I use to be able to anilise peoples behviour now it feels that its moving to fast for me to anilize.

Any questions Pleas ask as it helps me as much as you thanks Steven...

• My Doctor perscribed precribed 20mg of Citalopram which after 2.5 weeks have made no difference, may not be strong, i don't know but one thing i can say is i don't feel any different.

• i intend to stick around on this forum and hope i can add somthing.

I need a diagnosis as i can't deal with unceartenty, i need an absoultute and based upon re-search this is by far the only explaition i've come across which has met the criterier.

Please excuse the poor Spelling in my posts.

• Hi recombinantsocks and Thanks for your response i left the gym a while back as i didn't wan't to see the same people and felt abliged to speak to them so my fitness regime suffered.

I'm not that cardiovascular fit, i'm 13.5 stone and 5ft 5 and more of a small powerhouse, i live in Town with constant Police helicopter and Traffice noise and it makes me not want to leave my room. I could always lift as much or more in certern ciromestances as my old gym friends whom were 17.5 stone, plus. I always enjoyed the technicallities and i could isolate certain musles groups and train them based upon the angle of my movements. 

I see my Mum every day but latetly i have only been able to spend about 4 hours there, she sits next to me on a 2 seater setaee, the noise she makes chewing chrips and scrumpling the packet is to much to bear. The colset i can describe it as is an unbearabel un ease, That feeling where you need to get something done,don't know what but just have to move and do someting.

• Hello and thankyou for the reply.

I scored 33 in the test which is the same figure insidently that i scored in a different one.

I viseted my GP and he said that he suspected some sort of social disorder which has lead me to do my own research 'i'm due to see him again on the 11th of this month'.

i have not really got any explanation for whats happend lately, i always found social situations difficult and find peoples reactions difficult to understand i cant undersand peoples decisions seem to be emotionally driven and with no logic attached and they seem to always seek each others approval. I find this hard to undersand and feel as if im observing this behaviour and tring to anilise if from a far.

I've been Taxi driver for the last year and a half the begining of which i was doing 2 of my old jobs too. In which i was employed without an interview based up on them knowing of me and knowing i was easliy up to the job.

Lately i have been finding it impossable to go on the Taxi and almost impossable to leave my room. Each time i leave i seem to have little tolarance for crowds and just people walking around in general, ive drawn the blinds and curtains in my room and find the bright light and sounds almost to much to bear.

I have not cried or felt upset once i just feel over stimulated and that there is to much information to process, i'm usto having more control. 

In my old Maintenance job i would strip down the equipment clean and reasemble it, i could always simpatise with it and i could always visulise how it worked and which areas were subject to wear and stresses. In which i could ensure that they were maintaned to there up most perfomance and were done as part of a fixed routine which i had established.

I have no idea what to make of any of this, through my own research and looking at past events an ASD would explain a great deal of things there has been things in the past that ive felt stressed about and and did not realise or been able to identify.

I spent so much time anilising everything else around me that i didnt look at myself, almost seems daft now how ive been able to over look all the supposed signs over the years, i always lived on my own since the age of 16 and working 30 hours enabled me enough time to be able to process everything in my mind.

I have a college interview next week for an Engineering access course which fortunatly dosnt start until september, i'm left wondering if i'm able to do it at all.

I've always worked and i'm extremly proud and i never thought that i'd be facing the prospect of going on the sick and claiming benifits, i have no idea what to make of any of this other than this is extremly inconvinient and that if i have ASD 'which has a high probability looking at the evidence' ineed to come up with a plan that allows me to intergrate to some degree with what would be considered 'normallity' and a plan of how to go about day to day business.

Thank you for my relpy and please excuse the spelling and puncuation, writing wasn't generally a requirement of myprevious works so i'm a little out of practice.

• Hi Steven,

Thankyou for doing the test. It wasn't clear from your original post that you were obviously on the spectrum. It was more obvious that you were suffering from anxiety and confusion and that you had had ADD diagnosed. These are common problems for people with ASD but also they are common problems for people who don't have ASD so sometimes it is hard to see through these issues and find what is causing you problems.

The test score and some of the other things you have written are clear indicators of ASD though so I think you may have come to the right place and your suspicions may be correct. :-)

When you go to see the doctors they have to believe that you have enough of a problem to require treatment. Your stress, anxiety and confusion are the things that they can deal with and treat. The underlying reasons for your problems, i.e. probably the ASD, will help them choose the best treatment. As I understand it, drugs are not very useful for ASD but cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is the thing to do. Reading about it and learning how you behave and understanding how other people behave is the key to getting a better life.

You have taken on a lot of things and I wonder if you have become overwhelmed and need to take a step back and get things more organised and simplified.

Are you doing regular exercise? exercise is good for mental health as people feel better after a bit of fresh air and exertion.

Have you got a good diet? Poor diet can make people feel rubbish. I've found that I had to change my diet as I have intolerance to a lot of raw fruit and veg. I feel much better for switching from a lot of salads and uncooked things to well cooked food. Apparently cooking can help us get some of the nutrients out of food that otherwise would go straight through.

• Reading back over first posts i realise that ive repeated myself abit and puncuated and spelt alot incorrectly please excuse this.

Its is all difficult to explain as i cant identify much of what i feel myself, i just need to understand it so i can develope a mechonism to be able to deal and process it.

• Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I hope we can help you with your problems.

Have you tried the free test at aspergerstest.net/.../ ?

What has the GP said so far?

• Hi sorry to go on.

I'm finding myselfin a bed sit in where i have abuot the biggest room costing £80 a week. Ive always worked and ive always been independent but now it seems to be more difficult.

My Mum has been diagnosed with a personality disorder, i was always the strong and strearn exception and now i feel so dissapointed and feel like ive be a dissapointment.

ive always got on well with my Grandad and we have always been similar to the point of which now i feel he might have the same as what i have.

He's 78 worked with his Farther in the haulage business, he started new contracts, then passed them on to one of the Drivers and done the accounts as well as all the re-pairs on the wagons. He can tell me the numberplate of every car and wagon he's ever owend without thinking and how the repairs and inferier abbilities of any wagon from the 60s was.

My Gran died of Cancer about six years ago and my Grandad didn't know how to turn the microwave on, i just want to make him proude and figure out how to put my talents into something worth while and something he can be proude of.

Any questions Please ask theres so much i can't fit it