Sadness

Hi my name is tone I was diagnosed with autism ADHD amongst other things I wanted to no if it's normall to struggle with constant feeling of sadness and loneliness tearfullness even if your with people? Thanks 

• Hi thanks v much for your reply a lot of it is I've been given so many different diagnosis I don't no which ones are having certain effects as all v similar plus I feal worse since taking medicatio100and also I'm still not 100 sure all diagnosis are correct just think I'm confused thanks again for the help

• Hi Biscuit!

Unfortunately, it can be common for us to feel lonely and/or to have mental health issues including depression.

You might these NAS resources helpful, perhaps as a starting point for talking to your GP about potentially getting some support (eg therapy, counselling, medication, etc):

NAS - Depression

Subjects covered include:

• What is depression?
    • How do I know if I have depression?
    • Why might autistic people experience depression?
    • How do I get help and support? 
    • What is depression?
    • How do I know if I have depression?
    • Why might autistic people experience depression?
    • How do I get help and support?

NAS - Loneliness

• What is loneliness?
    • Why might I feel lonely?
    • How might loneliness affect me?
    • Advice and support for loneliness
    • Autistic people's experience of loneliness
    • Links, resources and article sources
  • Haha no I'm not but I worked the basics of it out using Google translate thanks 

• Translation of above post:

"It's very difficult, if there are people who understand because we also go through that. And yes it is very difficult but you have to love life, to look for ways to combat that sadness. I started to do sports once a week, listen to happy music, take cold baths."

Cold baths? How does that help?

• Hola NAS96125, 

Por que respondes en espanol? No sabemos que este persona es espanol

Si tu es Espanol, es posible usar "Google translate"? O es tu un "bot" ?

(Lo siento para mi espanol malo - no hablo la lengua para muchos anos)

Translation for my English compadres:

Why are you replying in Spanish? We don't know that this person is Spanish.

If you are Spanish, is it possible to use Google translate? or are you a "bot"?

(Sorry for my bad Spanish, not spoken the language for many years)

• es muy dificil, si hay personas q lo entendemos pq tambièn pasamos x eso. y si es muy dificil pero tienes q amar la vida buscar formas para combatir esa tristeza. yo emepce a hacer deporte 1 vez x semana escuchar musica alegre, bañarme con agua fria

• Hola Tone, no es normal. Debes buscar actividades para relajarte. Deportes, caminatas. Yo estuve varios años ocon medicamentos pero ya hace 3 meses que deje de tomarlos pq me sentia màs triste.

• My mind is hardly ever positive and I just can't seem to hold it when it is it's like a wave just crushes any positive thoughts I have it's really depressing thanks for your help tho

• Sorry to hear how you're feeling. Unfortunately sadness, depression and anxiety are common for autistic adults. Some use therapy, some take medication prescribed by their doctor, some use natural supplements - we're all different, so try to find what works for you. Also try to think of what makes or would make you happy and schedule that into your week to give you something to look forward to.

I hope things improve for you soon.

• Hi Biscuit. I was diagnosed as autistic last year and I received an ADHD diagnosis last January. I'm 42 years old. Since the age of 16, I have constantly felt sad and lonely...But I try to cope by staying busy, being kind, and keeping my loved ones close. 

Our minds can cause us such misery, but they're capable of the opposite too! Keep reaching out here and elsewhere. While we may *feel* lonely, we're not alone. 

• Thanks it does feel like no1 understands it I don't even get it life just seems so tough feal like I can't be helped oh well thanks again 

• Hi Tone. Yes, I often feel sadness and loneliness and sometimes tearfullness (though very very rarely expressed openly) with people. You're not alone. x

Andrew

• Hi

That kinda sums up my autistic experience