Intro 2: The Light Version

I already posted an intro thing but it was more complaining and asking for advice. I am interested in meeting people with similar interests so I thought I would post another intro that includes those things.

I'm not used to talking about myself but here we go!

I just diagnosed myself with autism a few days ago at the age of 35. I also strongly believe I have social anxiety disorder. 

I have a lovely neurotypical wife but no real social connections other than that. I just haven't found anyone who can relate to these issues, and now that I know I'm autistic, I wonder if I can meet other autistic people who understand me.

My biggest struggle is my energy levels. I always feel tired or burnt out. Definitely worse after social interactions but it's constant!

The most interesting thing about me is likely that I'm a retired nomad. This is apparently very related to autism. I discovered I wouldn't be able to stand the pressures of school and work forever and I needed to devise a way out. I eventually decided to put hours of my time every day into learning about investing as it pertains to retirement. I eventually became somewhat of an expert at this niche and retired at 32. After retiring, my wife and I left with just backpacks to travel permanently. We have been to many countries, we have experienced a lot.

Interests (special?)

• Finance and retirement research
  • Making spreadsheets 
  • Travel (Experiencing unique cultures, architecture, food)
  • Nature (Hiking in the forest and mountains)
  • Renaissance/Baroque music (Bach, Gibbons, Lassus, etc)
  • Musical composition (Loving AI music generation right now! Here are some of my creations: www.udio.com/.../Spreadsheets )
  • Calisthenics/fitness/nutrition
  • The future of tech (AI, robotics, etc)
  • Anything scientific (learning about the nature of reality)
  • Philosophy (Applying logic and reason to everything)
  • Analyzing everything including social encounters and how normal people interact as if they're a different species :P
  • RPG games (DQ, FF, BOF)

Parents
  • Hello again !

Things I have in common with you

• an allistic wife (I can't say NT, as she's dyslexic. Allistic is a quicker way of saying not autistic)
    • Travel - though it severely stresses me out, I still do it when I can
    • Musical composition (Many many many years ago, I did video game music - nothing too famous). It's one of my special interests but has died off somewhat because of my big burnout.
    • AI/Science interested. I have an analytical mind. AI terrifies me, to be honest. There are obvious AI accounts on here.
    • RPGs - big time! I love FF, but not so much the recent ones 1-13 mainly. Just started Fallout 4 again. I finished the main Fallout 3 quest and decided to skip New Vegas.
  • Thanks for the reply.

Allistic, okay I will remember that! 

Sounds like we have a lot in common with video games. I like the retro RPGs as well. I don't like the new FFs either. My favourites are 6 and maybe 5. I love the music in many of these games. I actually combined my taste of RPG music with my taste in classical music in my Ancient Keep Suite that is on my AI music page. That's cool that you used to compose music. I would be curious to hear it!

• Thanks for the reply.

Allistic, okay I will remember that! 

Sounds like we have a lot in common with video games. I like the retro RPGs as well. I don't like the new FFs either. My favourites are 6 and maybe 5. I love the music in many of these games. I actually combined my taste of RPG music with my taste in classical music in my Ancient Keep Suite that is on my AI music page. That's cool that you used to compose music. I would be curious to hear it!

Children
No Data