Feel like your faking or no longer in control of your own life

Hi 

I was late diagnosed with ASD after my son was diagnosed and my dad when reading the papers remarked it was like he was reading about me 

since then a few things have really rattled me 

one 

I seem to no longer be able to function in situations I could before for instance I find crowds to much to the point I’ve stoped going to football and wrestling yes before I was anxious but I seem to of lost my ability to cope with it

secondly my wife says she thinks due to my past experiences with the diagnosis process with my son and with people I work with (TA in SEMH) I knew what to say to get a diagnosis this has really affected me and made me question do I deserve a diagnosis or have I subconsciously faked it 

please help 

Parents
  • Imposter syndrome. But also really sad what your wife said. I hope that she's just in denial and will think better of it.

I've got worse with crowds as I have got older. I am guessing that you didn't just decide to get diagnosed on a whim, so you may be going through something and football etc will get a bit easier again.

• Imposter syndrome. But also really sad what your wife said. I hope that she's just in denial and will think better of it.

I've got worse with crowds as I have got older. I am guessing that you didn't just decide to get diagnosed on a whim, so you may be going through something and football etc will get a bit easier again.

Children
No Data